Subscribe
    Aug 6, 2013, 5:43 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #626

The thought was the Hammer and/or Shield was going to be released with this hype of the Avengers film. Then the following Christmas the same year. Here we are into August 2013 with MAYBE a possible release of already preordered and prepaid for item that started last year and was promised Q1, then Q2, now MAYBE November 2013 (Q4). This is the second comic con in SD (maybe 3rd I'm not totally sure) that they have displayed the props and promised they are coming soon. I agree with the statement that if they don't get Capt. Shield by Winter Soldier they should not even both and in all honesty, great props or not, I would pull my rights for the props by then if I were Marvel/Disney. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
  2. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Aug 20, 2013, 12:16 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #627

I agree, Disney/Marvel should pull the licensing rights from eFX.

LACrimeGuy
    From
    Hong Kong
    Aug 20, 2013, 12:32 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #628

You know, last year when they started accepting pre-orders for the Avengers Mjolnir, I was pretty tempted to join in 'cos I felt that it was a better version of the hammer (than the one offered after the first Thor movie), and partly because I didn't think the upcoming movie would change the look again. Now, I'm glad I didn't pre-order 'cos, yes, they changed the look of the handle (looks even better IMO) and it looks like the hammer still won't be available by the time Dark World is released.

Those of you who have ordered/pre-ordered stuff from EFX before (or anywhere else for that matter) is this normal?

Then again it's been nearly 13 months since I pre-ordered Hot Toys' 1/4 scale TDKR Batman and I still haven't received that. They don't answer questions on their website, Facebook page, or emails though. At least you get some information from EFX from time to time...
    From
    Los Angeles
    Aug 22, 2013, 6:14 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #629

My guess is it's not going to arrive before Thor 2 is released So ridiculous.

hikarub said: View Post
    Then again it's been nearly 13 months since I pre-ordered Hot Toys' 1/4 scale TDKR Batman and I still haven't received that. They don't answer questions on their website, Facebook page, or emails though. At least you get some information from EFX from time to time...
    Hot Toys can also be a pain with delivery but at least they're consistently 3-4 months late eFX on the other hand is a complete crap shoot.
  5. RPF Premium Member
    Aug 22, 2013, 7:17 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #630

Hi hikarub,

1/4 Batman is going to be released soon

hikarub said: View Post
    You know, last year when they started accepting pre-orders for the Avengers Mjolnir, I was pretty tempted to join in 'cos I felt that it was a better version of the hammer (than the one offered after the first Thor movie), and partly because I didn't think the upcoming movie would change the look again. Now, I'm glad I didn't pre-order 'cos, yes, they changed the look of the handle (looks even better IMO) and it looks like the hammer still won't be available by the time Dark World is released.

Those of you who have ordered/pre-ordered stuff from EFX before (or anywhere else for that matter) is this normal?

Sep 3, 2013, 1:32 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #631

Just saw this on their site:

"August 18, 2013
    We are anticipating shipping the first shipment of the Mjolnir in the next 2 weeks. We are just waiting for the printed materials."

Good news. Can't wait for mine!
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 3, 2013, 1:53 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #632

Good to know, maybe it'll make it in time for the movie afterall.
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Sep 3, 2013, 2:24 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #633

I can't wait to see the quality of the hammer...
    Sep 9, 2013, 6:43 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #634

Fresh off their website from yesterday ...

September 8, 2013
    The first shipment of our Thor Mjolnir will be shipping from Hong Kong this week. The estimated date of arrive in Los Angeles is September 29, and then into customs. As soon as we get confirmation that the ship had departed we will be sending to all customers who have a confirmed pre-order our Credit Card/Lay-away Authorization Agreement, with instructions to complete your order.

Shame I ordered mine with BBTS. I'll probably have to wait a little (or a lot) longer until retailers start getting their share of the items.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 9, 2013, 12:03 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #635

Probably try to pay off my entire balance when it arrives at eFX. Anyone know if you can pay off the whole thing or do you need to make the 3 payments per their layaway plan? This is my first order with eFX.
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Sep 9, 2013, 3:34 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #636

third3ye said: View Post
    Probably try to pay off my entire balance when it arrives at eFX. Anyone know if you can pay off the whole thing or do you need to make the 3 payments per their layaway plan? This is my first order with eFX.
    You should be able to pay the balance off when it arrives...
    From
    Scotland
    Sep 9, 2013, 5:03 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #637

I don't know if the same question has already been asked in this thread and I apologise if it has but does anyone know the procedure when cancelling a pre-order from eFX? I couldn't see how to on their website and any email I send them using the supplied email addy on their website just gets bounced back to me. I tried contacting them through their Facebook page aswell but I haven't received a reply and that was over a week ago.

Any help would be appreciated
    Sep 9, 2013, 8:51 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #638

Polsnulspace said: View Post
    I don't know if the same question has already been asked in this thread and I apologise if it has but does anyone know the procedure when cancelling a pre-order from eFX? I couldn't see how to on their website and any email I send them using the supplied email addy on their website just gets bounced back to me. I tried contacting them through their Facebook page aswell but I haven't received a reply and that was over a week ago.

Any help would be appreciated
    Ahhh, that was you? This morning I saw your post at their facebook page. I just went to my account to see how to cancel and you're right, there is no option to do so. Since you won't get your NRD back why don't you just delete your billing and shipping info? They might no be able to charge you without that info. I wish I could help more, man, but there really doesn't seem to be a way to cancel an order at their website.
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Sep 10, 2013, 1:45 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #639

I was just wondering. would anyone here want efx to make a replica of the loki helmet from avengers? I talked to them at comic con and they said they have the original mold from the movie and marvel wants them to make the loki helmet, but they're kinda on the fence about it. I would so want one. anyone else?
    Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #640

I'd get one, HOWEVER, we haven't even heard what is going on with Thor's helmet. They can't even put out 250 pieces in a timely manner, why bother producing another item that will be long irrelevant by the time is ready to ship?
    Sep 11, 2013, 9:43 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #641

I guess I was wrong. This might actually be in my hands BEFORE "Avengers 2"
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 11, 2013, 12:03 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #642

If they ship it out before end of Oct, it may actually get here before Thor 2 *the sky is falling!!!*
    From
    India
    Sep 14, 2013, 4:31 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #643

19. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sep 19, 2013, 10:27 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #644

I wish eFX would start delivering on items already promised for the past couple years before they start taking pre-orders for new items. But hey, what do I know..I'm just funny that way.
    Sep 19, 2013, 11:13 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #645

LACrimeGuy said: View Post
    I wish eFX would start delivering on items already promised for the past couple years before they start taking pre-orders for new items. But hey, what do I know..I'm just funny that way.
    Couldn't agree more. I was foaming at the mouth for the Cap shield when they first announced this line. Efx could have taken my money with no afterthought whatsoever. Now, I'm like...eh...my airsoft shield looks good enough...why spend $800 for a new shield?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 19, 2013, 11:35 AM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #646

BoogieBear said: View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I was foaming at the mouth for the Cap shield when they first announced this line. Efx could have taken my money with no afterthought whatsoever. Now, I'm like...eh...my airsoft shield looks good enough...why spend $800 for a new shield?
    I feel the same way but went opposite on not spending big bucks for a new shield, really glad I jumped on CF's aluminum shield run over a year ago considering how long eFX is taking with their resin one. Reality is, all of eFX's miscues is allowing replica builders to jump in and make their sales before eFX can get their product onto shelves, so for this forum, it's a mixed blessing.
    Sep 19, 2013, 12:14 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #647

I really wish I'd read through this earlier. I've never really looked at efx for anything other than their SW stuff, but for some reason, I'm all about some S.H.I.E.L.D. lately.

I saw this the day it was announced & immediately posted a thread in the JY to see if someone could pick mine up before I pre-ordered. Several folks have been gracious enough to offer to get mine & ship it to me with no charge, just to help me out. Then the day before it goes up for pre-order, they announce that if you don't or can't pick it up, then they'll ship it to you. The only issue is that they reserve the right to charge your card for an undisclosed amount for shipping & handling, with no further authorization from you. This has me worried. Shipping I can deal with, but there's no telling what they can charge for 'handling' it from CA, to NY, then back to CA before shipping it out.

So, I decide I'll just stick with my original plan on having someone pick it up for me, but, after several e-mails & calls to customer service, I can't get an answer about if a 3rd party will be ALLOWED to pick these up for you. I mean the thing will have my name & face on the thing, so I don't know why someone would steal it, unless it would be to get the Coulson ID & badge.

Either way, after reading this, I see that now that they have my $$$, I shouldn't hold my breath waiting on an answer to my questions.

One last thing. The money was drafted from my account 3 minutes after I placed my order, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet. They said one would be coming, but no joy as yet. Is this normal with them?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 19, 2013, 12:20 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #648

Usagi Pilgrim said: View Post
    One last thing. The money was drafted from my account 3 minutes after I placed my order, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail yet. They said one would be coming, but no joy as yet. Is this normal with them?
    From my experience, yes. PO'd Mjolnir and Maul saber from them, didn't get an order confirmation for either one. If you want to confirm your order just log into your account on their website and make sure it's there.
    Sep 19, 2013, 12:39 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #649

third3ye said: View Post
    From my experience, yes. PO'd Mjolnir and Maul saber from them, didn't get an order confirmation for either one. If you want to confirm your order just log into your account on their website and make sure it's there.
    Yep. Done that & have a receipt. They are supposed to be contacting us that ordered one with instructions on how to submit our pictures & info for the personalized IDs. Now, where before I was really confident & thrilled about how this was turning out, I'm starting to look at the time table & get a little antsy.

They are only making 1500. Both the wallet & badges are from the same ones used on the show. My thought was that whoever manufactured those, may have had a hand in making these. Either way, I figured that all the non-personalized components had already been made, & were ready to go. Just have to make MY ID. Noe I see they've added the note that the cut-off for ordering is Sept. 30th. I assume they'll not contact everyone as you order, htey'll wait til all have ordered & then contact everyone at once. My concern is that that will only give 11 days to get these done. According to the site, you'll even be able to get one of these at the con, so they must have some quick way of producing these, but, that makes me worry a little about the quality.
  25. pew pew RPF Premium Member Kevin Gossett's Avatar
    From
    North Texas
    Sep 19, 2013, 12:47 PM - Re: eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas #650

I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet either, but it does show in my account. I wouldn't worry too much about a handling charge, though. It wouldn't make any kind of business sense to alienate current and potential customers by charging an astronomical amount.