Dusk till Dawn Groin Gun

Blad

Sr Member
This had been on my list of 'things to do' for ages.

sexm.jpg

Patsmear asked if anyone had considered making a copy of Tom Savini's (
Sexmachine) gun from Dusk Till Dawn and this spurred me on to make it.

sexmachine1.gif

sexmachine2.gif

sexmachine3.gif

I've changed the codpiece shape from the pix slightly and it's leather covered fibreboard with brass studs rather than plastic with antique studs.

The gun can be raised and lowered when necessary, but is incapable of firing anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. Savini, a real nice guy, has the prop with him every year at ChillerCon. I used to have pix somewhere. Gotta look for them.

I saw screenused.com have a functioning groin gun from the movie - was for sale a few months back IIRC.

Yours looks close from what I recall...Nice!

I saw screenused.com have a functioning groin gun from the movie - was for sale a few months back IIRC.

Yours looks close from what I recall...Nice!

I used those pix for reference. :)

It's nice that it was Tom Savini who wore it, bit of a hero of mine!

Thanks for the comments guys, this was a fun prop to make, but sanding the barrel was slightly embarrasing for some reason.

I wish the prop company would have designed this more practical. If they had just included three revolver chambers, then it could rotate on a hub which would allow the two bottom ones to still resemble balls but have a third that lines up with the barrel. I guess that would have required more design work though.

Still, a neat prop.

From a "neato gizmo" perspective, the groin gun is really cool, but once you start getting into the mechanics of it, you get a lot of headaches.

First, there's no way to chamber a round from the cylinders to the barrel. At best, maybe it could be a derringer; single round pre-loaded into the barrel.

Second, no hammer to fire a round. Unless it has an electronic ingnition (which is not something I'd want around my boys)...

Third, no trigger. How would you fire off a round? Maybe through some self manipulation of some sort...

And finally,

Fourth, the damn laws of physics; specifically, for every action, there is an equal, but opposite, reaction. Even if it's chambered for a .22, do you still want that kickback in the ol' family jewels?

Anyway, I still think it would be a cool prop to have, even in resin. I can always alclad those pieces in chrome or aluminium :cool.

-Fred

I've read that the gun was originally made for "Desperado", but that the scenes of it in use were cut, and the only appearance it make is in the guitar case with his other guns. I don't know if they put the deleted scenes on the dvd.

David.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back