DT-12 heavy blaster pistol The Greedo Gun

TI6815

Hi RPF
here is something new :D
The DT-12 heavy blaster pistol. Greedo use this gun.
A 501st Trooper ask me "did your ever build this gun? ....here we are :D

Have Fun
Kai

DT-12_1.jpg

DT-12_3.jpg

DT-12_a.jpg

DT-12_b.jpg

Hi TI6815
Do you have any pics of the front and back of the blaster? I would like to see what other modifications were made!
I have an old plastic model of the .44 Automag which is the base for this and I might mod mine!
Many thanks, Petseal

Sorry superjedi, but I have to disagree with you!
If you check out the pics you will see that the Automag (#3) has the same outline, rear site position, hammer location, flat bottom to the clip area and shape of the trigger. The Ruger (#1) is more rounded with no visible hammer. To me the Ruger looks like a cross between a German Luger P-09 and a Japanese Nambu Type 14!
Let me know if you find any fault with my reasoning!
All my best, Petseal

I had a thought that might explain the difference.
Was the actual prop used by "Greedo" in Star Wars different from the prop shown in this thread?
I will have to check the film or the internet but when I say it was a Automag I am referring to the prop shown here!
Maybe TI6815 can pipe in here as to weather this is supposed to be a screen accurate prop or not!

Last edited:
I will have to check the film or the internet but when I say it was a Automag I am referring to the prop shown here!
Maybe TI6815 can pipe in here as to weather this is supposed to be a screen accurate prop or not!

Ah, OK. I see what you're saying now. :thumbsup
But the prop built for the movie used the Ruger Mk I as the base.

Hi ! I come back to my old Post. Now I have a Airsoft RUGER MKI :D

and here is my cast

anyone has a idea for a correct muzzle ?

Have Fun
Kai

Are you going to do a resin run of these? I have the Greedo gun but its the airsoft mk1 and pretty heavy. I'm building a life size Greedo and my gun may be too heavy for him to hold

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back