DST Prop Replicas

DMC 12

Since when were these things so expensive? Last time I looked, less than 6 months ago you could still get a communicator for about £35? Now they're close to and over £100! It seems lots of things have sky-rocketed in the last year. And the communicator is the last prop I need for my costume for DSTL. :(

I'm surprised there was never a more available model kit for it.

DST plans to re-release their TOS props later this fall/Dec., so some dealers may be trying to sell out their stock for as much as they can get.

Ahh good! I've preordered the communicator from Forbidden planet.co.uk, they expect to get them in at the end of this month, so It might not be the re-release, just they've managed to find more stock.

Be very careful of what you get when you order a DST comm, most have plastic antenna grids but some are metal.

Be very careful of what you get when you order a DST comm, most have plastic antenna grids but some are metal.

I'm not really too bothered about it, Any kind that's available at the moment, plastic or metal is hugely overpriced. So I might as well secure one for a normal price, plastic or not. If it's too much of a problem I can always replace the grille with something more metallic!

It's funny you click on the 2nd link and if you read the Product Info it states "This is like nothing else on the market today!"
But it does not differ in any way than what was released a couple of years ago?
And you can find these on EBay everyday.
Hope they fixed the Morie motor so it is not so LOUD :)

It's funny you click on the 2nd link and if you read the Product Info it states "This is like nothing else on the market today!"
But it does not differ in any way than what was released a couple of years ago?
And you can find these on EBay everyday.
Hope they fixed the Morie motor so it is not so LOUD :)

I think for the second one the grill is actually all metal...the one from the first link is identical to the original offering in that it is vacuum metalized, looked and felt like metal...but plastic underneath (still way better then the second version which was pure plastic)

The original release came in two versions: the standard version had a metal lid with a weathered brass-colored paint and the Entertainment Earth exclusive version had the same metal lid that was vac-plated a shiny gold color.

After several years the standard release transitioned to a plastic lid.

These new offerings from Entertainment Earth seem to match the first version of the exclusive made for them.

Klingon Disruptor prop toy coming in December (which knowing DST, means 2013 :lol :rolleyes)

Star Trek Klingon Disruptor Gun Prop Replica - Diamond Select - Star Trek - Prop Replicas at Entertainment Earth

DC17832lg.jpg

I'm still waiting for DST to release the Enterprise B & Excelsior they showed years ago at Toy Fair.

And I think Roddenberry stopped DST from ever producing the ST III Phaser, Communicator or Tricorder.

As it seams that they have done every other version but this one.
And when asked if they will produce these versions, They always reply with a vague answer, Or say they think it won't sell..........

IMO... I think they wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelf, If they do it in the Right size..Not like the undersized NX-01 Phase Pistol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back