Dr Who - Osterhagen Key - No Spoilers

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have any idea what was used for the key or have better screencaps?

g18414Osterhagen_keyq219.jpg

Definiteley interested in this, haven't seen any decent pics outside of caps, though :(

From what I recall, it was housed in a 'jewell-case' of some kind.

The case just looks like a normal DAT tape case for a computer backup drive.

I thought the same thing except that all of the DAT cases I have and remember using in the past were rectangular. The only square ones I had were from optical discs and were much thinner.

how about this:

game-boy-01.jpg

When I saw the episode I thought it looked like an old Gameboy Cartridge.

Last edited:
I've never seen a zip disk case exactly like that, but it would have to be made to hold two discs to make it that size. It starting to seem like everything on Doctor Who is made from scratch. That show is kind of like the prop collector's buzz kill.

The LTO cases look to be of the soft vinyl type that prerecorded VHS tapes came in. The Osterhagen looks to be completeley transparent acrylic, check the thickness of the walls.

I'm gonna guess this was custom, proably laser cut pieces assembled around the key prop. Capped this pretty extensiveley, and there doesn't seem to be any openings.

There is, however, a keychain at one corner of the 'acrylic' box.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back