Dr Who - Master's TCE (Tissue Compression Eliminator)

Styrofoam_Guy

A friend has a Masters costume and wanted me to make him a TCE (Tissue Compression Eliminator). He showed me photos and some videos of the actual prop and it seemed like a simple prop until I really got into it. It took 3 tries before I got something that sort of worked.
View attachment 41968

View attachment 41969

I put in 2 LEDs (White and Red) and there are 2 switches on the side that control them.

I did document how I made the TCE here.
Dr Who - Tissue Compression Eliminator

Someone has a video on youtube of the TCE he made and some sketches of his internal workings. I didn't try his method as I thought my first method would work straight away.

My TCE is not bad durability wise but I sure would not whack it or hit something with it.

My first Tissue Compression Eliminator
1812995758_795b2ffd75.jpg

Video >>> YouTube - ‪Target Practice‬‏

this is my first time here, just incase i did it wrong YouTube - ‪Target Practice‬‏

YouTube - ‪Target Practice‬‏

The master had another weapon, it was a Laser gun. >>>
colony_in_space_screenshot_by_elkaddalek-d49cp2c.gif

The closest iv goten so far was this. >>>
Part 01
colony_in_space_laser_gun_01_by_elkaddalek-d49dzrl.gif

Its manly a PVC pipe, the top part of a a pop bottle cut off, & a screw, spring and a metal gaskit for a button. I just need to make the batery box & laser light at the end & the metal ribs in front of the on off button.

Last edited:
OooooooooH!

I would love to make a TCE! I still need to do something about a dematerialization circuit.

Thank you for posting pics of the original! I've not seen those before.

I made some updates on my Master Laser Gun.
DSCI0001.JPGDSCI0003.JPGDSCI0006.JPGDSCI0007.JPGDSCI0008.JPGDSCI0009.JPGDSCI0010.JPGDSCI0011.JPGDSCI0012.JPGDSCI0013.JPGDSCI0015.JPGDSCI0017.JPGDSCI0020.JPG

Using 1/2 PVC pipe I made some sections for the gun. I cut up a pop bottle & glued a slice into a tube for the light emitter. As for the tip of the emitter I ground down a piece of a wooden rod.

I'm working on how to attach the black battery pack. I don't know if I should make my own battery pack out of wood, plastic or get a all ready made battery pack from radio shack. An subjections?

I colored the ammeter with a cherry red tin spray paint.
DSCI0001.JPG
Using a small bottle, I was able to attach the ammeter to the reflector.
DSCI0026.JPGDSCI0002.JPGDSCI0016.JPG
I attached a dirmiled out block of cut 2x4 to the barrel & put in a 2 aaa battery pack. The black sleeve is a cut up 2 liter pop bottle, folded & glued to fit the battery pack.
DSCI0020.JPG
I used a small memory switch for the lasers trigger. I used a ground down dowel rod to hold the switch in place & a cut dowel for the button.
DSCI0029.JPGDSCI0031.JPG
I used a bigger PVC pipe, blocked at on end with a piece of a cut half inch dowel, for the handle.
DSCI0036.JPGDSCI0037.JPG
I finished it all of by rapping it with black electrical tape.
DSCI0034.JPGDSCI0035.JPGDSCI0038.JPGDSCI0039.JPGDSCI0023.JPG

Attachments

• DSCI0027.JPG
    DSCI0027.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCI0028.JPG
    DSCI0028.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCI0030.JPG
    DSCI0030.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 206
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back