1. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    From
    England Portsmouth
    Aug 7, 2012, 4:51 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 1 #26

that looks amazing i am going to a that to the project list
    From
    Australia
    Sep 5, 2012, 6:01 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 3 version #27

Kit Part No 2
    Sometime back I did finished this part of the kit, but did not post the finished item.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDT Kit2.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	111729  
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 5, 2012, 7:29 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #28

NICE!!!
  4. jedibugs is offline jedibugs
    Sep 6, 2012, 1:13 AM - #29

** Waits patiently by mailbox, whistling **
    From
    Australia
    Sep 6, 2012, 5:42 AM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #30

jedibugs said: View Post
    ** Waits patiently by mailbox, whistling **
    I have not forgotten been working on yours on weekends. I plan on finishing it by this weekend.
  6. jedibugs is offline jedibugs
    Sep 6, 2012, 9:31 AM - #31

I did say patiently :-)

Seriously, no rush at all. I somehow doubt that the sonic you're making for the winner is going to be a quick job, after all.
  7. RPF Contest Coordinator Michael Bergeron's Avatar
    From
    Everybody's lost but me!
    Sep 6, 2012, 9:37 AM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #32

Seriously, no rush at all. I somehow doubt that the sonic you're making for the winner is going to be a quick job, after all.
    We did set a due date for September 15th though right?
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 6, 2012, 10:27 AM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #33

Orange_Blend said: View Post
    We did set a due date for September 15th though right?
    Good thing Kevin has that Tardis in his back yard. He can take the year he needs to make the winner sonic just right, waltz into his backyard with it, travel back to next week and leave it on the picnic table so he can pick it up and deliver it on time. Can't just hand it over to himself because of the Binovitch Limitation Effect better known as, erm, ZAP!
    From
    Australia
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:01 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #34

Yeah that will be a challenge for sure Jedibugs, but I am getting the other item made first, such as sending out the 3D drawings of the Tardis, that have now been sent and have arrived, next will be the Human Dalek Tommy gun for jedibugs, that I have been working on getting it as good to the photo’s as I can, it will not be 100% as I did not have access to the original Human Dalek Tommy gun, only photo’s and second-hand information, but it is worth taking the extra time to get it looking better For jedibugs I think.

By Sunday Australian time, I will have some photo’s posted of Jedibugs Human Dalek Tommy gun for sure.
  10. RPF Contest Coordinator Michael Bergeron's Avatar
    From
    Everybody's lost but me!
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:25 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #35

Rassilon said: View Post
    By Sunday Australian time, I will have some photo’s posted of Jedibugs Human Dalek Tommy gun for sure.
    Very cool. Can't wait to see it!
  11. RPF Premium Member Rassilon's Avatar
    From
    Australia
    Sep 15, 2012, 5:50 PM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #36

Thanks guys, well have now finished the 2nd price for the design a DW sonic competition, would have posted this sooner but went out on Friday night to see Boom Crash Opera an Australian band, and had to many Rassilon Vodka's and never got to see them at all. and then

Anyhow feeling much better today and now catching up on some work that I should have been doing on Saturday.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDTG.jpg 
Views:	1504 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	113364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDTG.1.jpg 
Views:	1145 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	113365  
    From
    New Jersey
    Sep 16, 2012, 8:45 AM - Re: Dr Who - Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Mk 2 version #37

Now that's pretty!
  13. RPF Premium Member Rassilon's Avatar
    From
    Australia
    Sep 19, 2012, 12:55 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #38

I do hope it gets to jedibugs in one piece; a lot of work go’s into making the Dalek Tommy gun about 40hr’s or so, I did wrap it in bubble wrap and forme snow, so lookout when your getting it out of the box jedibugs.
    From
    Warrington U.K.
    Oct 7, 2012, 3:38 PM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #39

This is staggeringly good work !!!!!!!!
    Im SO imopressed , and glad that my original build spurred you on to surpass it !
    I have no idea why I missed this thread whilst it was in the build up stage ...but Im glad Ive now read it .
    By my reckoning thats now 4 fan built Dalek Tommy guns in the world ! Cool .
  15. RPF Premium Member Rassilon's Avatar
    From
    Australia
    Oct 7, 2012, 4:01 PM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #40

CatfoodRob said: View Post
    This is staggeringly good work !!!!!!!!
    Im SO imopressed , and glad that my original build spurred you on to surpass it !
    I have no idea why I missed this thread whilst it was in the build up stage ...but Im glad Ive now read it .
    By my reckoning thats now 4 fan built Dalek Tommy guns in the world ! Cool .
    Thanks Catfoodrob, and may I say, without you posting your excellent pdf drawings of your Dalek Tommy gun over at Project Dalek, I could not have never made the Human Dalek Tommy Gun at all, the thanks must go to you for sharing your work with others.

I did make some changes, mainly some cosmetic and some so it would assemble differently, but mostly it is very much to your pdf dimensions.
  16. jedibugs is offline jedibugs
    Oct 9, 2012, 10:57 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #41

Well, I got my Tommy Gun... it arrived in one piece and didn't even get held up too long at customs (it could probably have been a real Tommy Gun and gone through just as smoothly...).

I have to say, I'm not typically interested in static props, and the story this particular prop comes from was one of my very least favorites (though a not-yet-very-famous Andrew Garfield was in it!). That said, I do really like this replica.

I never noticed the level of Dalek influence in the design when watching the episode. I thought it was kind of just a normal tommy gun with a Dalek gun in place of the normal barrel. But, once you look over the thing, you see that it has little Dalek touches all over.

Basic full-profile shot:

The John Woo gun-in-your-face shot:

Just some nice detail:

Here it is with the whole family... should give a good idea of scale (not pictured: my TARDIS door-sign):

I live in a tiny studio apartment, so I don't have a lot of shelf or tabletop space... so I decided to wall-mount it. Not bad, if I say so myself:

Thanks, Keith! I'm incredibly happy to have placed in the Sonic competition, especially amongst such great and diverse entries. It was great of you to put the whole thing together and dedicate your time and materials to the prizes.
  17. RPF Contest Coordinator Michael Bergeron's Avatar
    From
    Everybody's lost but me!
    Oct 9, 2012, 10:59 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #42

Very nicely done and congrats again on your 2nd place win Jedibugs!

It's a great prop (even though, as you mentioned, the episode left something to be desired).
    From
    New Jersey
    Oct 9, 2012, 11:03 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #43

Excellent!
  19. RPF Premium Member Rassilon's Avatar
    From
    Australia
    Oct 14, 2012, 3:23 PM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #44

Hi guys just got back from Armageddon exbo and catching up on what’s been going on, it's been two very big and long days and still have to unload the Dalek transport vehicle, I’m so pleased that it got to you all intacked Jedibugs. I was a little concerned that it may not make it or customs may think it was a weapon of mass destruction.

I do like how you have displayed the Human Dalek Tommy gun real nice to with how you have it mounted on the wall, and you got some real nice pics to, yeah my place is not that big ether and now that it is getting full of who stuff it sure is filling up fast.
    Last edited by Rassilon; Oct 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM.
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Oct 14, 2012, 4:46 PM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #45

That's a really nice gun! Is anyone offering kits of these? It would look great with my River Song Alpha Mesa Blaster kit I just acquired.
    Dec 30, 2012, 11:28 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #46

There wouldn't be a possibility of buying just the mdf cut outs for this? I'm thinking about making my own one, but the undertaking of so much foam and bondo is making me want to just shell out a bit for the cut mdf. If only we all had CNC machines! Magnificent work, and I hope I may be able to replicate it!
    From
    London
    Dec 31, 2012, 3:04 AM - #47

Well, I got my Tommy Gun... it arrived in one piece and didn't even get held up too long at customs (it could probably have been a real Tommy Gun and gone through just as smoothly...).

I have to say, I'm not typically interested in static props, and the story this particular prop comes from was one of my very least favorites (though a not-yet-very-famous Andrew Garfield was in it!). That said, I do really like this replica.

I never noticed the level of Dalek influence in the design when watching the episode. I thought it was kind of just a normal tommy gun with a Dalek gun in place of the normal barrel. But, once you look over the thing, you see that it has little Dalek touches all over.

Basic full-profile shot:

The John Woo gun-in-your-face shot:

Just some nice detail:

Here it is with the whole family... should give a good idea of scale (not pictured: my TARDIS door-sign):

I live in a tiny studio apartment, so I don't have a lot of shelf or tabletop space... so I decided to wall-mount it. Not bad, if I say so myself:

Thanks, Keith! I'm incredibly happy to have placed in the Sonic competition, especially amongst such great and diverse entries. It was great of you to put the whole thing together and dedicate your time and materials to the prizes.
    Looks very good, a cool item to own.
    Dec 31, 2012, 3:00 PM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #48

Pretty sweet piece indeed, me wants one.
  24. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 9, 2013, 4:54 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #49

I was hoping to build at least a couple of these to be used by handlers for our local Dalek club. For the life of me I cannot find CatfoodRob's original PDFs (which would save me a great deal of time). So if anyone is able to direct me to where I can find them, or something similar, then I would be very grateful.
  25. RPF Premium Member Rassilon's Avatar
    From
    Australia
    Jun 11, 2013, 3:55 AM - Re: Dr Who - (Jedibugs) Human Dalek Tommy Gun - Complete #50

runey71 said: View Post
    I was hoping to build at least a couple of these to be used by handlers for our local Dalek club. For the life of me I cannot find CatfoodRob's original PDFs (which would save me a great deal of time). So if anyone is able to direct me to where I can find them, or something similar, then I would be very grateful.
    I sent catfoodRob my CAD drawings of the Tommy gun as it was modelled from his design and without the work he put into his I would not have been able to manufacture the three I made. Jedibugs was selling his, so you may try giving him a PM and see if he still has his.
    Last edited by Rassilon; Jul 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM.