Does anyone know how to completely remove all pages from a book and replace them?

You mean unbind it and rebind it or just stripping the cover off and putting a different book inside?

You can just cut the cover off and then glue some bound leaves in the there if it's roughly the same size. Just take a quick look at a hardback and you see how it goes in there. Other than that, proper application of watered down white glue with a paintbrush and use of a couple clamps to make sure it sets right I guess.

That's how I've rebound my old Btech sourcebooks from the 80's with loose pages and covers anyway. After 3 years they're still in really good shape.

Not read a lot of Lovecraft so I don't know the specifics of how the thing is supposed to go together. Can be a little more detailed if you provide some more details.

I mean my textbooks, hardbound novels, and my family bible from the 1800's are all hardback but bound in different ways.

I know book conservation people know how to do this. I had a book rebound before as the pages were beginning to loosen. They fixed (replaced) the binding. It was fairly expensive but the book was expensive so it was worth it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back