Doctor Who: Time Agent's Vortex Manipulator *SPOILER*

Just finished up my attempt to wear to SDCC:

IMG_6887.jpg

The Doctor's "Escape the Pandorica" playset! Everything you need to defy the laws of physics and create self-perpetuating time loops!
:lol

i'm going away for a bit, starting friday july 30th, til aug 16th. so either before then, or after then. i'm also gonna try this in aluminum. the part above is available for order right now at the link i mentioned earlier. you'll have it within 10 days.

this post used to contain the information of where to buy but of course tha's against the rules since this is not a junkyard thread so i've edited it.

Last edited:
2010-07-23%2017.06.57.jpg

details are hard to see since the part isn't colored. but up close you can see the lines

here is the back

2010-07-23%2017.07.54.jpg

also, what's the status with making the wristbands in leather? i met with someone who is interested in making the leather bands, so we could sell a finished kit if you want. i'll be working on coldcasting and stuff next week but i dont know if i'll have any ready before my trip....

I'm not planning on starting the straps until I get a cast of the computer to wet mold and size it to. If you want to let the other guy handle the run, be my guest, I'll just make my own.

okay cool. i didn't want to step on toes, since this is your thread... i'll let her know.

what would you guys expect to pay for a nonfunctioning completed prop, leather, coldcast faceplate, and buttons?

okay cool. i didn't want to step on toes, since this is your thread... i'll let her know.

what would you guys expect to pay for a nonfunctioning completed prop, leather, coldcast faceplate, and buttons?

hmm, id really want an led though like the first time we saw it.

That would be very easy to add.

All you need is an LED, resister, switch and battery.

To make it even easier, get one of the 10th SS LED torch, take it apart, and use the electronics from that.

In my experience, a resistor isn't even necessary. Battery, LED (or two if you want to do it right), switch, done. What might be cool since all three oval buttons work would be to wire up different buttons to each LED. And then possibly a sound chip to the third?

Well, the resistor is there to make sure the LED doesn't draw too much power.

Without it, the LED could burn out, or drain the battery too quickly.

But, you are right. It isn't 'needed', but it is a good idea.

ive been on vacation. i can't make a silicon mold of the one i have printed because of the backing and the holes i have already built in. i might reprint a new one, after changing the model, so that the holes aren't all the way through so i can make the mold easier, to make the cold casting.

my other option is to just get the White Strong Flexible model from shapeways and use that for lost casting to mold molten aluminum. i'll try it with another White Strong Flexible model i have. i only get one shot since when you pour it, it'll melt away the WSF and ruin it. so i'm gonna do the one test and see what happens.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back