data-ad-slot="1369189895">
Subscribe
    From
    Australia
    Aug 9, 2007, 3:14 AM - Doctor Who - "Gridlock" Mood Patches #1

I'm on a Doctor Who prop spree at the moment. Anyone thought about the 'mood patches', from the episode Gridlock? I had a feeling they would be simple to make, but I have no experience with this kind of stuff.

Anyway, here are the graphics for the patches (gotta love the concept art section of the BBC's Doctor Who website!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/galle..._2007/11.shtml

All the white areas on them are transparent in the episode, so maybe they can be printed onto something like that. Anyone have any ideas how these could be made?
    Last edited by Kadajiroth; Aug 29, 2007 at 1:26 AM.
  2. data-ad-slot="8650514066">
    data-ad-slot="7832116010">
    Coz
    From
    Leeds, Yorkshire, sunny England.
    Aug 9, 2007, 6:03 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #2

Transparency film should work, but you'd have to flip the designs for printing. Also, not sticky.

Speaking of Gridlock concept art, did you spot that the base for this 'fake' gun:

Milo & Cheens' imitation blasters.

Is one of these?:

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

C.
    From
    Australia
    Aug 9, 2007, 8:09 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #3

Coz said: View Post
    Transparency film should work, but you'd have to flip the designs for printing. Also, not sticky.

Speaking of Gridlock concept art, did you spot that the base for this 'fake' gun:

Is one of these?:

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

C.
    Oh, fantastic work, Coz! I noticed the concept artwork for the gun the first time around, but I just assumed it was scratch-build.

I'll see if I can get the designs printed onto transparency film. Thanks for the info.
    Aug 9, 2007, 11:35 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #4

I'm also on a doctor who spree right now, i'll be printing some of the patches out soon, if they turn out right i'll post some picks!
    From
    Australia
    Aug 9, 2007, 11:54 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #5

silverskyes402 said: View Post
    I'm also on a doctor who spree right now, i'll be printing some of the patches out soon, if they turn out right i'll post some picks!
    Shiny!
    Aug 9, 2007, 1:45 PM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #6

In wanted to start on a judoon scanner, thought it might be pretty easy to replicate, but then I found out that there gonna make one in the toy line, so it would just be easy to upgrade the toy version,since they seem to have made a pretty accurate version of the sonic screwdriver, I assume that the scanner will look pretty good also. But I am interested in the masters watch, wondering if they used a real watch as a base, or fabricated a version of there own?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   54.jpg  
    From
    Stirling, Ontario, Canada
    Aug 9, 2007, 2:37 PM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #7

I do not think they are making that scanner, rather they are making the scanner/marker.

The prop in the concept art was used by the Judoon commander to access he language.

Seen here: http://doctorwho.time-and-space.co.u...ones-00764.jpg

and

http://www.pixelbarrel.com/toys/dw-judoonscanner.jpg
  9. Formerly CommanderCody RPF Premium Member JBReplicas's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2007, 3:16 PM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #8

I was thinking about having a go at the judoon blaster after my attempt at captain jacks sonic blaster last year, hmm I really should get that thing cast
    From
    Australia
    Aug 10, 2007, 12:23 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #9

silverskyes402 said: View Post
    In wanted to start on a judoon scanner, thought it might be pretty easy to replicate, but then I found out that there gonna make one in the toy line, so it would just be easy to upgrade the toy version,since they seem to have made a pretty accurate version of the sonic screwdriver, I assume that the scanner will look pretty good also. But I am interested in the masters watch, wondering if they used a real watch as a base, or fabricated a version of there own?
    I made a thread about the Master's wrist watch:

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=29737
    From
    North East Lincs, UK
    Sep 16, 2007, 8:42 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #10

Coz said: View Post

Is one of these?:

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

C.
    My local TK Maxx had one of these in the other day, 7.99.
  12. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Columbus, Ohio
    Dec 14, 2007, 6:30 AM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #11

I know I'm a little late to this thread but, you could use "Window decal" paper. You can use it in your inkjet, it's transparent (anything white in a picture would be see through.) and it has a light adhesive on the back so you could stick them, without worrying about how you're going to get them off. Also, it's way cheaper then having them printed on vinyl.

Or, they used to make this inkjet "tattoo" paper, that actually made a clear (where ever the white is) sticker that sticks to your skin for days. but it's kind of a pain to work with.

CommanderCody said: View Post
    I was thinking about having a go at the judoon blaster after my attempt at captain jacks sonic blaster last year, hmm I really should get that thing cast
    Oh, PLEASE, cast that great jack gun. I want one so bad, and your's rocks.
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Columbus, Ohio
    Dec 14, 2007, 11:55 PM - Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches' #12

Hey, what font is that, on the patches? I got them off the web site, but there really grainy so I'm remaking mine from scratch, but cant find that font.