Doctor Who: Gallifreyan

Risu

Master Member
Can anybody post some images of Gallifreyan writing? I know that I've seen some from an art book or something, and there's probably more elsewhere. I made a leather wrist band a while back with the Timelord logo (or whatever it's called) on it and I kind of want to cover the rest of it with other stuff (like the design on the pocket watch, etc.

Here are three examples from the new series.

Gallifreyan Text (the middle item is the same as the fob watch):
GallifreyanText.png

Gallifreyan Notation:
GallifreyanNotation.png

Master's Ring:
MastersRing.jpg

All of these pics are from Department Six, which is a company created by six designers from Doctor Who to sell high quality art prints of their production drawings.

I've been considering getting one of the sonic screwdriver prints to complement my MFX replica, but they are crazy expensive. :cry

On the other hand, it is an opportunity to let the designers of the props get some profit from their efforts. :cool

Last edited:
Thanks! Some of those prints are absolutely beautiful. I'd love to have a full poster size of that one of Gallifrey.

Can anybody post some images of Gallifreyan writing? I know that I've seen some from an art book or something, and there's probably more elsewhere. I made a leather wrist band a while back with the Timelord logo (or whatever it's called) on it and I kind of want to cover the rest of it with other stuff (like the design on the pocket watch, etc.

PM me, I have a full set of desktop icons and wallpapers as well as a video of the screen animation used on the 2005-now series.

I would be all over the police box blue prints but for 200.00 for 15 inches including the mounting border in a bit much. It still would be pretty cool though.

Or you can join the TARDIS rebuilder Guild and the TARDIS builders forum and get the building plans for free..unless of course these are like frameable blueprints you are referring to.

"http://io9.com/learn-to-write-gallifreyan-in-9-simple-steps-506989915" That link takes you to: Learn to write Gallifreyan in 9 simple steps

In the second edition of The Making of Doctor Who
mWuwY2YViTyGEBR_RDJ8rBw.jpg
I believe that there are some examples of Old High Gallifreyan text.

PDVD_036.png

The Doctor's Calling Card, as seen in Remembrance of the Daleks

DA_Doctors_message.jpg

The Doctor's message in The Deadly Assasin

Shada+INSETS.jpg

The Most Worshipful Law of Gallifrey prop from Shada... Making My 4th Doctor Costume

clip_image017.jpg

The sign beside Rassilon's tomb in The Five Doctors

digholehere_zps2ff13105.jpg

It says "Dig hole here" in the Doctor's handwriting, in Battlefield.

Attachments

• mWuwY2YViTyGEBR_RDJ8rBw.jpg
    mWuwY2YViTyGEBR_RDJ8rBw.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
You may be interested in the "circular galifreyan subreddit" found here: Circular Gallifreyan

It includes a link to software that will let you write anything you want, in a language that matches closely what you see in the art on the show.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back