The Daily Prophet - Harry Potter

nurmengart

Sr Member
The Daily Prophet seen on the Harry Potter films has been a personal obssession for quite a few years.
This one has been a really, really, really long term project that I truly dedicated myself to complete.

That said, I have decided to update this thread to show off a little bit of the work I've done.

The Daily Prophet measures approximately 35 cm by 57 cm when it is folded in half.

Each leaf is printed in high quality, individually aged, distressed and hand cut.

The front page is also embelished with hand applied gold leaf details.

Q40RLyg.png

This prop includes content you would find on any muggle, normal newspaper.
Though everything is slightly shifted so that it can fit into the wizarding universe.

Even the date on the newspapers, instead of the regular day, month and week standard.
Is actually maked using the horoscope & astrological movements at the time of printing.

n9JempC.png

NhKHfpO.png

Besides the main headlines that are featured on the HP books and shown up close throughout the films.
The graphic design team had to come up with a lot of in-universe content to fill up a full prop newspaper.
That includes loads of fun headlines with sort of hidden stories between the muggle & the wizarding world.

A3CcjEn.png

4UbWy7k.png

Promotional "Hocus Tokens" for some very special discounts on wizarding ephemera.
Advertisements that range from "Gringotts Savings Accounts" to "Self-Hypnotism" lessons.
And also a nice variety of Magical Symbols Games, Runokko, Crossrunes and Crossword puzzles.

Vz2zxmt.png

Ke7Rebw.png

Comments and critics are always welcome.

Thanks for looking!

-Wes

Last edited:
Very cool! When and how are you getting one (some) printed?
Silk screen would be a route I'd consider....

Rich

Thanks for the compliments guys, truly appreciated.

Not sure when I'm getting these printed though.

@martcpl705 not to muggle eyes I'm afraid ;)

can i show my work? here's some of my update that i revise in previous post in the other forum
im glad that i make it :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back