Custom Tennant Sonic Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all his points stand up to scrutiny. The very distinctive rear end and the mistakes on the measurements that Rassilon replicated are two very compelling ones. You just don't like the guy because he doesn't like you and refuse to see the merit of what he is saying. In my mind, Rassilon drastically changing his design says everything you need to say otherwise he would have kept it as is. Just saying.

I agree with all of this and it pretty much sums up how I feel on the topic too. Especially the angle of the end cap. I know people bash CT because he calls people on their claims but he only does it when they're false claims. I actually respect the guy for that. Why should CT get shafted when he put so much work (and money) into researching the prop/s to begin with, only to have someone come along and offer kits of sonics that were made from stolen dimensions?

I do agree with Anakin Starkiller on the recasting argument though, regarding finding new details of a prop and then having some kind of a claim over them. If someone finds a new detail that was unseen before then everyone should be able to adapt their prop to have the same detail but by all means, at least give credit where credit is due. Credit the person who pointed out or found the details.

I don't believe for one second that Rassilon1 has never been to the website. Half (if not more) of the reference pictures of the actual prop/s that were supposedly used, probably came from CT's website.

I just read CT's latest 3 blog posts and the comparison pictures (and evidence) all speaks for itself. Pretty damning if you ask me. Like you said, if it wasn't blatantly copied from CT's work, he wouldn't have changed the design.

/My 2 cents.

Ive said this in another thread regarding another prop that may or may not have been reverse engineered from another member's work: Wait till the the prop (in this case Sonic) is made, then we can all go to town with our calipers, HD screen caps and other such resources and compare the two.

The charge that Rassilon copied the innacuratcies in CT's sonic's body geometry doesn't seem to hold up to me. He says that Rassilon copied his design by replicating the flaws inherent in his season 4 Tenannt sonic. But I don't see this. CT's season 4 Tennant sonic (as he himself states) is inaccurate because he changed the main body of his season 1-2 sonic, but did not change the aluminum end piece (not the cap but the aluminum connecting piece that links the main body to the black end cap) thus making this section of the sonic too thin. But, I don't see this inaccuracy on Rassilon's sonic at all. The reason why Rassilon's sonic appears inaccurate to any particular version of Tennant's sonic is because it uses the larger diameter aluminum end piece (that comes from the season 4 sonic) and combines it with a season 3 slider sonic body like that shown in Runaway Bride and Utopia --which has a shorter slider channel and thinner grip ridges. So, Rassilon's soinc is a custom interpretation of Tennants prop because it uses an idealized season 3 body and and idealized season 4 connector end piece. But CT's sonic uses an idealized version of the season 4 body and combines it with the connector end piece from his season 1 replica.

You sir are a NUT and a cross threaded one at that,

It would seem clear to me as it would to other members that, no matter how much it is explained to you, no matter how much and how clear it is to every one, that I have not Recasted you will still follow bull dogs rants. "very suck individual"

You think CT Alis Bull Dog, is the only person capable on this planet, of produce anything, you think that no one has any observation what so ever, to work anything out for them selves, other than him.

Anakin Starkiller has pointed out to you some design features on my CUSTOM not hung up on exact measurements to the micron 10th Doctors sonic, and clear to him, but no not you all you can go on about is, and I quote “he has made some very good points”.

LeAngeSolitaire
Why are you on this forum? You are of no real value what so ever, you criticize anyone and everything to do with the Tennant sonic you have not made any contribution other than claim bull dog CT as been the only living God to have made the Tennant Sonic, and as such he is the only person that should be aloud to build them.

I'm actually really beginning to dislike you. Going on the offensive just because I disagree instead of answering your critics. Very mature. You deserve every insult he throws at you.

I know people bash CT because he calls people on their claims but he only does it when they're false claims.

This is not true. CT has posted lies on his blog before to discredit people he saw as his competition. He posted that I was working with Russell Brown to sell fan made Tennant sonics in an attempt to get Russ in trouble with MFX by making them think that he was selling their products through the back door to me. This was entirely untrue. There was no basis for CT to make this statement and its purpose was to discredit my sonic design, to implicate Russ in selling unlicensed Tennant sonics, and to raise my name as a point of interest for the BBC in case anyone was handing out CODs.

Now he's trying to bully Rassilon out of proceeding with his run by claiming that Rassilon is a re-caster. He has posted a list of claims that are supposed to support this assertion and it is my contention that this list be critically evaluated before Rassilon is convicted in the court of public opinion. I'm trying to critically evaluate this list to see what claims hold up in order to determine if the accusation as a whole is true. For one reason, because I know from my own experience that CT DOES post lies on his blog and two because I generally think that people are Innocent until proved guilty and any claim of re-casting on this board should be subject to such scrutiny.

This is not true. CT has posted lies on his blog before to discredit people he saw as his competition. He posted that I was working with Russell Brown to sell fan made Tennant sonics in an attempt to get Russ in trouble with MFX by making them think that he was selling their products through the back door to me. This was entirely untrue. There was no basis for CT to make this statement and its purpose was to discredit my sonic design, to implicate Russ in selling unlicensed Tennant sonics, and to raise my name as a point of interest for the BBC in case anyone was handing out CODs.

That's a pretty serious allegation. Do you have a link to where he said this?

if it wasn't blatantly copied from CT's work, he wouldn't have changed the design.

There have been no pieces made or sold and no final design locked in. So if the design has been changed from the alleged recast concerns this topic is moot isn't it?

For ****** sakes:

1. Take another look at the end cap from the actual prop and make it accurate.
  2. Take another look at the slider plate from the actual prop and make it accurate.
  3. If the size of something does not match the real one make it accurate.

Make your kit based on the corrected design and problem solved for everyone right :lol.

As far as how stuff screws together, threading a tube one way or another just does not constitute recasting plain and simple (I believe both of the individuals making the Sonics are engineers of some kind, how to make things screw together was possibly in a class somewhere). Let's wait until he posts the final design and then grab the fire and pitchforks.

I'm actually really beginning to dislike you. Going on the offensive just because I disagree instead of answering your critics. Very mature. You deserve every insult he throws at you.

Bring it on then, You have already decided that fate, sometime back due to the fact that I’m building a Custom Tennant Sonic.

Your most likely an Ok guy outside this forum, but that’s’ not what I’m seeing here, you are been difficult an will only except one persons sick blog.

I mean look at how he communicates, no one with some intelligence would talk like that, seriously would you have him over for tea to meet your family, and you have decided no matter what to be a part of his Cyber bullying, all for what.

This project will still go ahead no matter how much him and his cyber bullies gang attack me, the more you attack me the more determined I will be, you obviously don’t know me to know that.
....however you will...

I ask you, what will you hope to get from him in return, what will any of you that follow that sick individual, hope to get.

It has been explained to you over and over again by Anikin but you just seem not to except it.

The thing is why should I care whether you like me or not, you stated it with your negativity posts and your crap that has been fed to you by Bull Dog.

When you start been positive and helpful and supportive to the members of this forum and there builds, until then, why should I care.

Oh I do like you, I think we could be best Sonic buddies. :lol

I was not joking about my Nutty & Nice list :)

Which side of the list are you on.

Last edited:
There have been no pieces made or sold and no final design locked in. So if the design has been changed from the alleged recast concerns this topic is moot isn't it?

For ****** sakes:

1. Take another look at the end cap from the actual prop and make it accurate.
  2. Take another look at the slider plate from the actual prop and make it accurate.
  3. If the size of something does not match the real one make it accurate.

Make your kit based on the corrected design and problem solved for everyone right :lol.

As far as how stuff screws together, threading a tube one way or another just does not constitute recasting plain and simple (I believe both of the individuals making the Sonics are engineers of some kind, how to make things screw together was possibly in a class somewhere). Let's wait until he posts the final design and then grab the fire and pitchforks.

Your so right phez thanks for you constructive and correct observation,
That is something that the cult of CT does not have.

They have been bashing there negative comments on old and out of date drawings that I posted sometime back.

What I’m currently manufacturing is not what was posted in the beginning.

But they still go on about old out dated irrelevant information, why do they persist on commenting on what is not been manufactured by me.

There is no prop made yet. Its like arresting someone before the crime, unless you're being charged with "attempted recasting with intention to sell" :lol (i know bad joke just trying to lighten the mood)

There is no prop made yet. Its like arresting someone before the crime, unless you're being charged with "attempted recasting with intention to sell" :lol (i know bad joke just trying to lighten the mood)

You jokester, Yeah we could do with some Sonic jokes, have any,

hahahahahahahahahaha I tried coming up with a joke that involved a sonic not working on wood and Jack harkness but could figure one out.

hahahahahahahahahaha I tried coming up with a joke that involved a sonic not working on wood and Jack harkness but could figure one out.

From stories I've heard about the actor, he'd just use "little Jack" to open the wooden door (or whatever). :lol

Hey Bull Dog got some more images for your blog of my custon sonic design that I’m working on, for you to go Nuts over.

Do you like how my 12mm acrylic rod inserts into the threaded ball? Nice and strong. "good Aussie design that"

Now to help you out with some machining dimensions the 12mm Acrylic rod has two (2) machined septs
The first of the two, that’s the smaller one on the end Bull Dog, :wacko has a dimension of 7mm Dia x 8mm long the second and the larger step is 10mm Dia x 2.5mm long this allows 9.5 mm to insert into the ball.
Once the two parts are bonded into place this will give a much superior joint than any other.

As the Rassilon1 Custom Tennant Sonic will be offered as a kit build, by having a design as such, this will allow for an easy assembly by the builder.

Last edited:
How did you drill the center hole in the plastic so clear? Did you polish that somehow after it was drilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back