Custom Tennant Sonic Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Custom Tennant Sonic Build-Assembly Drawing

I did mine out of mashed potatoes because, you know...that means something! :lol ;)

I kid!

Good luck guys and post pictures!

Just having Australian fun with ya all, making one out of mashed patato sound like a real chalange, hey the postman should have been by now wazoo

Last edited:

Just having fun with ya all, the postman should have been by now wazoo

Oh he's been today but he didn't have anything good for me. Thankfully he did show up with my wife's birthday present so that's handled at least. :lol

Well you should have it by now, it's been 2 weeks or so.

Keep a lookout, in a FedEx bag.

Awesomeness! I'll keep my eyes peeled and stuff.

Knowing fed-ex it is in a lock down facility in Guam waiting for someone in their customs department to call me and make me explain that it isn't gun or bomb parts...repeatedly.

Wouldn't be the first time and sometimes I wonder if it's put me on a "extra hard search and question requirement" for when I fly.

...and a blu-ray laser diode in the front!

Hey! I can dream, can't I?

Well it is Christmas, and I am making a list and checking it twice.

OK fellow sonic lovers, have managed to get the costing complete on the hard to manufacture parts of my custom Tennant sonic shell completed, and yes I have been checking it twice.

If you have a drawing of my custom sonic, Now up to Version REV 2
you then can see what parts cost me to make.

Made changes to the Transmitter housing p/n DWT-1 to make it cheaper to manufacture.

Last edited:

You haven't depicted the slider on your drawings yet. Since you're calling it a custom Tennant I'm guessing you plan on using the thin apeture with the t-shaped slider as opposed to the Eccelston which had a wide opening and a square button. Pictures attached.

I have not included the slider in the drawings as I have yet to work out what I’m going to do for the inside parts and how they are going to fit and work together.

But you are guessing rite, I will be using the T-slider as I think this is a less intrusive design, not sure how I intend on manufacturing this parts.

This custom sonic is, ass you can see is still in the design stage, have some CNC time next week to do a prototype transmitter housing, will get some pics of the CNC in action.

Before I can work on the internal parts I need to have a shell of the custom sonic, so I can see what USB will work and to see if I can install the slider parts so the transmitter will extend.

Last edited:

I am way over 60hr on my project (it looks like you have much more skill than I do using design software :lol:lol:lol). Every time I think I have it correct something looks wrong :cry.

Being able to bring a metal piece in at that price range is awesome!!!! I think a lot of people will be able to afford this that would not be able to get one of the other replicas (other than the toys). Great for the holidays :thumbsup

Best of luck, this is coming along nicely!

If you need to go lower on the machining cost I could post the parts on MFG.com and see if I can get some more competitive bids, but I don't see things ever getting cheaper.

I'm definitely in on a run of these parts when the final design comes together.

--Brian

Thanks phez but been working on design software for sometime now.

Thanks Too-Many-Car for the help with getting the parts made, but if I cannot get them made at an affordable price with all the CNC lathes and mill we have, then I do not think anyone could. However, you just don’t know what’s out there till ya look.

Anyhow it is company security policy that no 3D design step files of any design work of any kind in any format leave the office via flash drive or net without my approval that’s what all employee’s work under that includes myself, no mater pirate or charity work.

Why is it so. Well sometime back we gave our design work, to potential customers to review, thinking that we were been of a cooperative manner and showed that we were a company that is easy to work with to win a contract to design and manufacture certain parts.

Our design work ended up been used by our opposition to manufacture the parts and win the contract our potential customer used us to design the parts and then took it to our opposition to get a better deal.

Anyhow don’t get me started I could go on about it.:angry

A quick update on the custom sonic, have finished some of the sonic parts, and by this Friday hope to have a complete custom sonic shell for you all to have a look at, have been working back late into the night to get this one up to speed, not long now.:cool:D

Oh yeah have been some updates the the Assembly drawing it now is at REF 3
this is the final updates to this drawing.

Last edited:

A quick update on the custom sonic, have finished some of the sonic parts, and by this Friday hope to have a complete custom sonic shell for you all to have a look at, have been working back late into the night to get this one up to speed, not long now.:cool:D

Ah! Something worth looking forward to. Hee!!! :D

Been working on the designs of the internal workings of the custom sonic, and have ran into some design walls, and by that I mean big things wont fit into small areas.

The flash drive that I’m looking to install will be a very tight fit, but to do so means that I will loos the ability to have a working light on the transmitter housing.

As the flash drive will take up the room were the batteries would go to power the transmitter light, and will also not extend as the flash drive is in a fixed position and must remain so as well as the electrical wires that lead from the L.E.D light on the transmitter to the flash drive L.E.D are fixed length.

Therefore, my options are: until I over come them are-

Option 1.
Flash drive Installed, No extension and No working light on the transmitter “but” will work when the flash drive is working., and also would increase the price, so will have to think about this some more.

Option 2
No flash drive but have the sonic work as the original and will extended with working light

This has been going a bit slow due to other sonic projects pushing in as well as design issues to contend with on the internal workings.
I did mention that I would have a sonic shell to look at, but have been working on the Romana’s Sonic so that has been the delay in getting some pic’s of the custom Tennant Sonic.

So hang in there, as I will have a shell for you all so. :unsure

Last edited:

The flash drive has to be a particular type it must have the metal part that inserts into the flash drive adaptor.

As the plastic type are no good as it will brake and make the sonic useless
And must have a data LED light as well.

The smaller cheap vertions dont have the above.

The HP looks like the go, could not find out if it has the data light

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back