"Critters 4" Newborn Krite

Howlrunner

Sr Member
Following on from my first sculpt of a baby Critter (as seen in "Critters 2"), I decided to have a go at a slightly different stage in the lifecycle - that of the freshly hatched Krite, as seen in "Critters 4".

Newborn1.jpg

Initial sculpt done in Sculpey with cocktail stick arm armature/middle claw and clear acrylic hemispheres for eyes. The body shape on this guy was hard to get right (as is probably off) as the only one seen onscreen is obscurred by fog (I had to guess completely for the feet).

Newborn2.jpg

Here he is painted, with cocktail stick claws added and a layer of gloss varnish applied for that wet, newly-hatched look.

Newborn3.jpg

And here's the finished article, with added cocktail stick teeth, UHT glue saliva (which unfortunately has bubbled up a little too much when drying), and paintbrush bristle hairs glued on all over his back (don't show up too much is these photos).

And here's what I was going for:

Newborn4.jpg

Not brilliant, but a fairly nice representation (the colours are darker in softer light - like in the non-teeth WIP photo above).

Hope you Critter fans like it. :)

Nice work. :thumbsup

How about adding some slime?

Not sure how I would add slime that would be permanent and looked slimey while not actually slimey to the touch. It does look a lot more glossy/slimey in real life than it does in these photos though.

I'd like to make the bottom part of a cracked egg for him to sit in next, filled with goo up to his waist. :cool

I'd like to make the bottom part of a cracked egg for him to sit in next, filled with goo up to his waist. :cool

That works for me! :lol Would love to see the pics of that.

See what you mean about trying to get the slimey look without it actually being a slime ball to touch.

Great work though. So, next project the alien from Flight of the Navigator? Hint hint. Ahem.

He looked cute without his teeth. About his teeth, they don't seems to be as many as you have on the real one. They also seems to be a little different size and shapes.

I didn't know there was a Critters 4 but that is very cool. I love the idea of using the cocktail sticks as teeth.

I've never seen Critters 4. Is it any good?
Nice sculpt!

Not really, but it's better than Critters 3! :lol And it at least has Brad Dourif (voice of Chucky) in it.

And yes, the teeth probably should be more irregular in size/shape, but I went with what was easiest (rather than having to sculpt each individual tooth).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back