Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 22, 2011, 9:58 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #51

The Spike grips wrap around the frame instead of attatching to the sides so there's no room for error. Also, the way the magazine is designed the grips have to be a very specific thickness to still allow the mag to slide in and out freely.

KWC should be treated as a no-go for anyone expecting to mod it. Also, clarification on the Metal Slide issue. KWC made two types, a .177 mm gun that fires steel BB's, and one that fires the plastic Airsoft pellets. That gun is the version that Cybergun licensed, the version that fires the steel bb's is the one with the metal slide.
    Last edited by Grey; May 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM.
    From
    New Hampshire
    Feb 23, 2011, 12:17 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #52

Hello all! Sorry to say no real update but just letting ya know the project is not dead. I have been SUPER busy with school and work so I only get to work on this stuff with what little time I have for myself which is sadly not alot at all. And on top of that I am currently working on a replica High Turret K98k sniper rifle which is sucking up alot of cash, lol. The milling machines have been tied up constantly with priority projects so stuff like this gets pushed into the back, Hopefully the machines will free up in the next few weeks and I'll have a few mag plates punched out.

As for the grips, I am currently rebuilding the frame of my jericho in Solidworks and its not an easy task given all the curves, angles and other features of the frame that come into play with the grips, and again the little time I have to work on the project. But once that's done I can use the dimensions of the frame to work on the grips in SW. I did however get a hold of a set of the grips for the hudson jerichos which will help a lot. these grips however DO NOT fit on a real jericho out of the box, or at least the back part doesn't due to to some minor changes Hudson apparently made to there frame for their grips, but with some minor fitting they could be made to fit but would still be unsafe. So once spring/summer hits this project will hopefully take off.

BTW Spike is that your IMI Jericho? She's a beauty!

That's all for now!
    Dana
    Last edited by BobaFettSlave_1; Feb 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
    Feb 23, 2011, 12:21 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #53

You mean these?

Last edited by Grey; May 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM.
    From
    New Hampshire
    Feb 23, 2011, 2:05 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #54

No no no, lol. They are the real Poseidon hudson grips strait from japan. just like the ones on your hudson
    Feb 23, 2011, 2:17 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #55

Oh well in that case yes, I wouldn't even consider using the Poseidon grip kit on a real Jericho.

However it's curious that you say they don't fit, i've read elsewhere that they do. Also the grips I mentioned above, while not terribly accurate, fit interchangeably between the Hudson and a real Jericho.

I'm curious about the grips you bought. Did they come packaged with the laser or are they a cast?
  6. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi
    Feb 23, 2011, 6:10 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #56

Spike, I'm not sure if it's been put out there yet, but what material are the grips made up? They appear to be plastic. If so, how do they compare to regular handgun grips in terms of hardness and strength?
    From
    New Hampshire
    Feb 24, 2011, 5:14 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #57

Spike said: View Post
    Oh well in that case yes, I wouldn't even consider using the Poseidon grip kit on a real Jericho.

However it's curious that you say they don't fit, i've read elsewhere that they do. Also the grips I mentioned above, while not terribly accurate, fit interchangeably between the Hudson and a real Jericho.

I'm curious about the grips you bought. Did they come packaged with the laser or are they a cast?
    yup, the grips came packaged in the same box you showed earlier with the laser, instructions, both screws all brand new.
    Feb 26, 2011, 12:42 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #58

I was still annoyed letting that Cybergun Jericho go to waste and was in the mood for some kitbashing today. It turns out that even though the slide is fixed, it's still assembled as if it were moveable. After some delicate surgery, I extracted the slide from the Cybergun.

It fits perfectly onto the Hudson. I had to do some minor work on the underside of the slide, but now it slides right on. I'm going to use some metal tubing I have to fashion a steel barrel for it, and use the ejector insert from the Cybergun, along with a lead weight in the forward section. Now i'll have a very realistic dummy slide that I can swap on for display purposes, and keep all the Hudson guts stored in the box. The safties still work, too.
    Last edited by Grey; May 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM.
    Feb 26, 2011, 2:31 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #59

Started work on it. I made a bit of metal tubing matching the diameter of the slide barrel, then set to work polishing and smoothing it.
    Need to work on the ejection port now. Trigger/hammer/magazine release all still function as normal regardless of the slide.
    Last edited by Grey; May 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM.
  10. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Feb 26, 2011, 8:53 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #60

Nice work so far Spike.
    Feb 27, 2011, 4:25 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #61

------
    Last edited by Grey; May 20, 2011 at 2:41 AM.
  12. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Feb 27, 2011, 5:55 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #62

All it needs now is that upgraded Magplate. Looks great Spike.
    From
    Logan, Utah
    Feb 27, 2011, 6:10 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #63

Want, with wont.
  14. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Feb 27, 2011, 6:44 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #64

Yellowjacket said: View Post
    Want, with wont.
    Huh
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Apr 25, 2011, 11:22 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #65

You could make dreams come true for a lot of (ok maybe a few die hard) nerds if you figure out a way to make more of these!
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Apr 25, 2011, 7:08 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #66

BeBop is one of my favorite Animes good luck on your build BobaFettSlave_1
    From
    the not so void of space
    Apr 26, 2011, 1:54 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #67

Any updates on this, BobaFettSlave_1 ?
    Apr 26, 2011, 3:35 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #68

I talked to him last month via PM;

Hass milling machine machine has been tied up so much with projects I havent gotten a chance to pop them in yet. I'm hoping in a few weeks I can punch out a few sets or so. I'll keep ya updated
    Also, I missed this from before.

Sandman0077 said: View Post
    Spike, I'm not sure if it's been put out there yet, but what material are the grips made up? They appear to be plastic. If so, how do they compare to regular handgun grips in terms of hardness and strength?
    They appear to be ABS, with a textured surface. They're very thick though, and feel solid. But the manner in which they connect to the gun is questionable. It was the only way Poseidon could do it and still remain accurate to the concept, but I wouldn't trust it on a real gun. It feels solid when you hold it and they don't move or slip, but the force of the recoil from a pistol would probably be too much.
    Last edited by Grey; Apr 26, 2011 at 3:50 AM.
  19. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    Apr 26, 2011, 6:30 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #69

Spike, thanks for the update and details. I'm sure they could be modded to be more secure, but I don't have my own so I have no comment on how to do it.

I hope he starts getting some of these bad boys on the market.
  20. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    May 13, 2011, 7:12 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #70

Still planning on making the grips or mag plates? I want a set sooooo bad.
  21. Member Since
    May 2011
    May 14, 2011, 3:29 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #71

For the year or so I've been trying to put this together I've only come across the Poseidon set with the box once (I let it go since the price seemed expensive, wish I woulda snatched it up), I finally managed to get a Hudson Jericho 941 that had been modded with the poseidon kit a few days ago. Definitely feel for anyone else on the lookout for either the gun or kit, they're near impossible to find. I ended up with 2 Hudson Jericho's though, one unmodded, the other modded, hopefully I can find a kit by itself or if someone makes a cast of it, I dunno much about molding or I'd try it myself.
  22. RPF Premium Member Sandman0077's Avatar
    From
    May 18, 2011, 3:31 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #72

Just ran across this during my daily googlethon. Co2 powered airsoft replica. Polymer body, metal magazine and metal fixed slide, but it's licensed by IMI as a training tool, so I would predict its accurately detailed. $45 shipped to US.

co2 IMI Jericho 941 941f NBB 425fps METAL MAG 177 : Pistols at GunBroker.com
    From
    New Hampshire
    May 18, 2011, 10:22 PM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #73

Still planning on making the grips or mag plates? I want a set sooooo bad.
    Dont worry, I haven't forgot about you guys. . But I don't really have much of an update on the project. These last few months have been overwhelmingly busy and I haven't had much time to do anything personal time wise aside from the occasional trip to the range. School finished up last week so I'm not sure I'll be able to get on a machine until September. Good news is its looking like my schedule then will be much more lenient for personal projects. Also the model for the plates got are done and programing is going well.

Dana
    May 20, 2011, 2:32 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #74

Just ran across this during my daily googlethon. Co2 powered airsoft replica. Polymer body, metal magazine and metal fixed slide, but it's licensed by IMI as a training tool, so I would predict its accurately detailed. $45 shipped to US.
    Same gun I posted about on the previous page.

No updates, so here's some pics.

From
    Tulsa, OK
    May 20, 2011, 3:39 AM - Re: Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP #75

That is a thing of beauty!