Costume Weapons

Voodoo13

Here's a pair of radically altered knives based off of a hooked skinning knife. I used the pair as props for Halloween a few years back and were my first foray into "large scale" prop building.

The handle is cloth wrapped electrical conduit. The blades were cut from insulating foam to make the blank, then cast into a latex encapsulation mold, de-molded, and then poured using the Smooth-On tm liquid plastic. After they cured I drilled into the end of the blade and set a bolt into each one with epoxy then epoxied two nuts into the end of the handle and screwed the blade in until tight.

Yes, I meant to put my air Miles card in there, it's for a scale reference. I'll post more photos of other projects soon. And please feel free to offer any helpful advice you may have.

Thanks

P.S. Posted this in General Modeling originally, but some troll said it belonged here, so here it starts even though it's not a replica of anything...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back