collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff! - 1:1 Iron Man WIP and Panorama pic

You should charge people to walk around there haha. Too cool

While I'd pay good money to be able to have that opportunity along with a lot of people, my guess is that it would be REALLY hard to keep hands in pockets while looking around.

We'd be all :love and touching things...

...while in the back ground there'd be :darnkids

I suppose though that it would be doable if everyone who entered had to first sign a legally binding form that says "You break it - You bought it!!".

To that end, I recently had a chance to hold and examine an actual screen used Tricorder from TNG - to be honest, I was afraid to even breath on it...so entering into the Hall of Props like this would leave me seriously nervous of accidentally knocking something over or breaking something.

Every once in a while you come across something that motivates you in a major way. This thread (which I first encountered this morning) is one of those rare motivations. Tom, I just want to say that you have realized the dream of many of us. In fact I don't think I envisioned completely my dream until just now. Congratulations on your children, your indescribably amazing collection and your success in life to achieve all of them. I salute you.

While I'd pay good money to be able to have that opportunity along with a lot of people, my guess is that it would be REALLY hard to keep hands in pockets while looking around.

We'd be all :love and touching things...

...while in the back ground there'd be :darnkids

I suppose though that it would be doable if everyone who entered had to first sign a legally binding form that says "You break it - You bought it!!".

To that end, I recently had a chance to hold and examine an actual screen used Tricorder from TNG - to be honest, I was afraid to even breath on it...so entering into the Hall of Props like this would leave me seriously nervous of accidentally knocking something over or breaking something.

:darnkids:darnkids:darnkids:darnkids hahaha. Yea, in theory it's a great idea to have a lot people over touring the place but in reality, I'm the only one who really knows which displays are "solid" and wihch can tip over at any moment. I know of props that are falling apart due to old glue, etc. etc.
Since I know the dangers only I can really navigate it safely (and sometimes I screw up too *ahem* http://www.therpf.com/f9/how-not-treat-your-props-but-how-93752/ I haven't documented all of the repairs but there are always a few in any collection.

I don't think I"d go as far as the "break it you bought it policy" but in my rage you may find yourself buried in a secret pit I have under my basement, never to see daylight again, forced to drink whatever groundwater that may seep through the foundation and if you're lucky a few spiders will crawl into your mouth for sustinance. :) Hey - at least you can keep Rylo company. :thumbsup

Hmm.. I realized that my panorama pic didn't show the "other side" This side is more unfinished looking. I never got around to painting it white to match the new side. I realize now that I didn't even turn on the little track lights for this shot... rargh... I'll update it later.

Panorama2condenseda.jpg

Every once in a while you come across something that motivates you in a major way. This thread (which I first encountered this morning) is one of those rare motivations. Tom, I just want to say that you have realized the dream of many of us. In fact I don't think I envisioned completely my dream until just now. Congratulations on your children, your indescribably amazing collection and your success in life to achieve all of them. I salute you.

I"m flattered by your comment. That's almost too much praise for me to handle :$ I'm totally stoked that your motivated. It's just like any hobby have fun with it. The beauty of prop collecting is that no two collections will ever be alike. People's interest are all different, so be sure to just collect what you truly want, not what others tell you to get.

For everyone else - I'm working on getting electronics into the iron man suit from a few pages back. (my god, wear protective gear when drilling out fiberglass/resin. Resin shards in the eye are NOT fun... Thank god humans have eyelashes or I may not be typing this right now.)

I got the arc reactor seated pretty much where I want it now (recessed into the chest as it should be) I need to go through reference material to see if the rim should be black or silver or what. I may update that before I seal everything in. I'm looking to get some custom glass or acrylic cut to cover the hole.

The arc reactor was from Projectearth7's unibeam run. Nice, clean kit. Easy to work with, and plenty bright. RJ has been a pleasure to deal with.

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

Wow... just Wow :eek It fits just right...:thumbsup You did an excellent job on the installation of the unibeam... congrats!

Thank you very much Thomas for your kind appreciation of my IM stuffs and appreciating my hard work... :$... It's always a pleasure to do business with you...

Actually, it's a privileged to take part on your awesome collections.

cheers!

UM I think I just had a heart attack. :) ONE of the most amazing collections I have ever seen!

I added some glass to the front of the arc reactor. I used a camera lens filter. Worked out fairly well I think. I've got some aves epoxy sculpt to fill in some places well as possibly sculpt some more details.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

woah, first thread I actually went through every single page. Your collection is intense, maybe charge a fee to enter , like a museum? :)

I really wish the Iron Man project wasn't dragging on so long.... apparently babies actually require this thing called "formula" every few hours which really puts the brakes on longer working periods.

Anyways - I did get some "instant gratification" pieces.

First up - an AWESOME adam west bust from Clayslinger. It's a great bust. My pictures don't do it justice as my cowl isn't as nice as clayslingers. So please see his thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f62/wip-adam-west-display-bust-142832/index2.html

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Next up - a GREAT Leap of Faith painting by Luke0312
Real wood, that was stained and oiled multiple times to get that "old" look. It's a nice heavy piece ready to hang. Thanks Luke!

IMG_0191-2.jpg

Updates on Iron Man - I got this back together with Projectearth7's unibeam. I still have to do all the joint pieces before I get a pose set.

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0190-1.jpg

Re: collection showoff! - 1:1 Iron Man WIP, leap of faith and Adam West bust

That really is amazing. It'd be kinda fun to 'Batcave' it but it would conflict with the museum thing you have going.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back