Chucky doll modification - Finished pg2

Re: Chucky doll modification WIP

Wow this project is really shaping up! Awesome job!

I also wish the original product had been this detailed...

Scars painted:

ChuckyStep11.jpg

Then stitches (NOT staples you foolish manufacturers!), staples and teeth painted:

ChuckyStep12.jpg

Really, the stitches are too thick and therefore draw too much attention to themselves, but i can't do too much about that without a whole lot of resculpting work.

Starting to think the skin looks too pale now.... :unsure

Last edited:

Can you make the stitches more of a charcoal to minimize the way they stand out (since you said it bugged you--I think it looks awesome!)

Latest:

ChuckyStep13.jpg

Although it doesn't look too different from the last photo, I've yellowed the teeth a little more and then varnished them. Also added two staples (real ones) to the right side of the head.

The main difference here is that I've gone over the skin with a darker flesh colour that I've then sponged off/in. It doesn't really show in the photo (as they've all been taken with the flash), but it makes a HUGE difference to look at in natural light (not as pale any more). Also added some more purple to the right eye and blended it some more.

Hair work next....

Last edited:

Worked on the body - painted the hands and stitched scar to match the head. I then took some wire coat hangers, unbent them, cut them to length and inserted them through the neck opening into the legs and arms (which are filled with cotton batting). Then I bent the arms and legs into a more life-like walking pose:

ChuckyStep14.jpg

OK, very, VERY nearly finished now. :)

Glued the hair back down along his hairline to hide the roots and added the central "crest" of hair. Also added the stapled-on sections of hair, along with real staples, and cut some hair up very finely for his eyebrows. Man, do I hate supergluing hair! :lol

ChuckyStep15b.jpg

ChuckyStep15c.jpg

ChuckyStep15d.jpg

So the head is now finally finished! :cool And I've very happy to say, it looks SO much better than the original factory finish:

ChuckyStep15a.jpg
ChuckyStep2.jpg

Now I just need to varnish his nails and get a cable tie to reattach his head. I may make the dungarees more accurate by continuing the cut right to the top then "stapling" together, but not sure if I can find huge staples.

Finished, natural light (all pics have been with flash so far) photos will be along eventually.

That is an excellent job how big are huge staples? most small businesses that have a dispatch area use staples around 1.5 inches wide for making up flat packed cardboard boxes the stapler is on a stand and is operated by the foot lever perhaps you can check local industrial estates:angel

There are some on E-Bay although I doubt you would need 20,000 they are the ones above and are 32mm wide so about 1.25 inches if they are what you need then get scrounging around good luck

Last edited:

That is TOO COOL(y)thumbsup Awesome Work:D What does your girlfriend think of Chucky??

My girlfriend hates him. He's not allowed anywhere near her. :lol

That is an excellent job how big are huge staples? most small businesses that have a dispatch area use staples around 1.5 inches wide for making up flat packed cardboard boxes the stapler is on a stand and is operated by the foot lever perhaps you can check local industrial estates:angel

There are some on E-Bay although I doubt you would need 20,000 they are the ones above and are 32mm wide so about 1.25 inches if they are what you need then get scrounging around good luck

Yeah, I think they're the big staples (about 1" to 1.5") that I need - I used to see them on the really strong cardboard boxes that we broke up when I worked in retail. Seems to be a mixture of staples, safety pins and stitches on the clothes.

Good pics, thanks pfcGentry. :thumbsup

OK, I'm officially done with Chucky. I reattached his head with a new cable tie, used cable ties through the bottom of his shoes to attach him to a plastic base that I picked up in the plumbing/guttering section of B&Q, and stuck more straightened wire coat hangers through his body and legs to ensure he stays standing upright by himself.

Here he is outside in natural light:

ChuckyStep16a.jpg

ChuckyStep16b.jpg

ChuckyStep16c.jpg

ChuckyStep16d.jpg

I still prefer the Sideshow lifesize Chucky, but this comes a close 2nd for me (and WAY more affordable!).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back