Christmas Vacation Marty Moose Eggnog Mugs!

I love it when stuff like this comes up.......it makes the wife go oooooooh!

Then she can stop giving me that judging look for trolling what she calls 'geek' sites.....ha ha she's a geek too and now SHE MUST ADMIT IT!

mind you it is another added to the christmas list kinda deal....lol:)

I love it when stuff like this comes up.......it makes the wife go oooooooh!

Then she can stop giving me that judging look for trolling what she calls 'geek' sites.....ha ha she's a geek too and now SHE MUST ADMIT IT!

mind you it is another added to the christmas list kinda deal....lol:)

Hehehe, EVERYBODY'S a geek! You just have to find the right subject matter! :lol

-Sarge

Here is a VERY quick and dirty photo of some of Barry's sculpted parts:

moose.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Doug. :) I know from a straight on shot it looks like the others posted at the beginning of this thread but the profile and the antlers are what set it apart. I did my very best to make it match the screen caps.

Can't wait to get castings to mock up a glass! :)

As for the adhesive, I'm thinking if I use an epoxy or silicon based glue, if I rough the surface of the glass up just a bit, it should make a good bond. That'll be worked out in a "throw away", so when I start making these to send out, it's going to be right! :)

-B89! :D

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this mold since it isn't flat on the back. Mark my words, that curvature will give us trouble!

:angel

I was over at Doug's last night and thought I would take a few shots of the sculpted parts on the glass to help give an idea of how the final piece will look.
(He did an outstanding job on those molds!)
DSCN6666.jpg

DSCN6667.jpg

DSCN6668.jpg

DSCN6669.jpg

(Thanks WC for hosting!)

-B89! :D

I'll be running some clear resin through the mouth/eye mold tomorrow. I'll post some sample photos. I haven't worked on the antler mold yet but I'll get to that ASAP.

The test pull looks pretty good but I can't demold it yet. The cool air in the workshop has kept the resin from fully curing. I'll try to get it out of the mold tonight.

Awesome work from both of you. I like the movies but my wife LOVES them LOL Put me down for 1 or 2 as well........

Cheers
TAZ

Pending final price, I'm in for one or a set of four.

I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

Cool idea.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back