Captain Power and the soldiers of the future

Looking forward to seeing more and enojying what you posted. I really enjoyed that show and was impressed on what you guys managed to do with the armor and props. Would enjoy any stories you would like to tell.
Thanks

Cool stuff. Lovin' the Lord Dredd costume. :thumbsup

I've never watched this show, but I had the wallpaper in my room when I was 6. :)

Thanks for sharing Mike,

Captain Power was a show with a lot of potential and cool new ideas, but they treated it like a giant commercial to sell the toys.I

Dietrich

I loved that show when it was on. I liked Sauron and Dredd the most. There were only a few times where you could see all of Dredd's outfit.I've always liked the look of it.

Lots of great designs in that show. Even if the toy angle upset some people at least it never seemed to find it's way into the actual writing like it would today.

I see Locutus has a second job, fighting Jonathan Power...

3917308589_bf3e3254c2.jpg

It was a show that unfortunately died because of the merchandising so badly mixed in it. To bad the show didn't get another chance, it really began to lift as they downplayed the toys and started writing stories. It was one of the first shows I saw that they were so bold to kill off a major character at the end of the first season.

It was a show that unfortunately died because of the merchandising so badly mixed in it. To bad the show didn't get another chance, it really began to lift as they downplayed the toys and started writing stories. It was one of the first shows I saw that they were so bold to kill off a major character at the end of the first season.

That was a great moment and also written by JMS of Babylon 5 fame..

I had made this some time ago -- I wanted to do the "power on" badge. Originally I thought it was a patch and a friend made one up. But then I thought it was an actual badge. Here's my model for printing:

237398007_9d53319873.jpg

Is it right Mike? :angel

sorry to revive the thread all of a sudden but i recently became a member looking for pics of reference material for Captain Power.

I´m an avid fan with the DVDs (full extras) and about half the toy collection and a beautiful comic con phoenix pin I carry around everywhere.

I´ve been buying what I'm still missing from the collection but what I REALLY dream of having is a Tank Suit of armor.

"Tank" Ellis U.G.A. power armor was an amazing piece on the series and I[m seriously thinking about scratch building my own as accurate as I can get it.

for the chest and back I plan on ordering a Clonetrooper HIPS vacuformed chest and back pieces and fill the pecs separation with Bondo before adding the Phoenix badge.

the rest of the armor will have to be made with plastic sheeting glued and sealed together. I[m still thinking on what type of plastic. I will then do molds for most large parts and finish the suit in fiberglass.

I'm just starting on this so it will be long before I finish it too. but at least it's a start.

I'll start making drawing designs for the armor while watching the series and once I have enough material on it I'll post back.

Juno:

Did the power phoenix badge was ever finished?

Power On guys!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back