Captain Jack Sparrow - I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt!

Capn_Jack_Savvy

Sr Member
I purchased these from the same antique store in which the REAL jar of dirt and varying props were purchased. I plan on making a nice metal hinge and lid for the small sized jar. The others will be used for varying props such as those seen in Tia Dalma's shack. Does a jar of eyeballs sound familiar?!

01MediumJarofdirt.jpg

02-1SmallJarOfDirt-1.jpg

02Sidebyside.jpg

03Jarsofdirt.jpg

04Rumbottle.jpg

05Allinthejarfamily.jpg

Ha! Very cool!
My son made this prop using a large pickle jar...he meticulously dried the dirt so it wouldnt clump. :)

Oi mate, you've got yourself a jar of dirt! :love

What store did you get the jug from?

Oh....And......does it help? :p ;) :lol

I think you need to bead blast the glass to "frost" it. All the lids were hand made then aged. Im not 100% on this but I believe the dirt was from Fiji. It was down to powder fine and up to small pebbles. I suspect we have mutual friends since you found out where they were made.
Here is a little help, the hero jar.
vrcaae.jpg

We shall see but I may be getting real Davy Jones Locker dirt from the actual location in which that was filmed!

Ironic! Locker dirt in a Jar Of Dirt!:lol

First picture is from the Disney Galleria above the ride in Disneyland and the second is a screen grab from the movie. You can already see the difference between the two props. First is frosted whereas the second one JD is holding is very clear!

Img2006-07-19-143111.jpg

Jarodirt.jpg

The vast majority of the Disney gallery props were made just for the gallery and film promotions. The jars of dirt were one of those items.

Capn_Jack_Savvy,

Can you capacitate our finding and/or locating in our discovering, a detecting of a way to determine the location?

Steve

We shall see but I may be getting real Davy Jones Locker dirt from the actual location in which that was filmed!

Ironic! Locker dirt in a Jar Of Dirt!:lol

Oh!? My dirt WAS supposed to be coming form the salt flats of UTAH but that person has disappeared from KTTC.com! So I will have to stick with Long Beach dirt from my backyard!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

I think you need to bead blast the glass to "frost" it. All the lids were hand made then aged. Im not 100% on this but I believe the dirt was from Fiji. It was down to powder fine and up to small pebbles. I suspect we have mutual friends since you found out where they were made.
Here is a little help, the hero jar.
vrcaae.jpg

Is that a bright, shiny pop rivet holding the hinge to the neck strap?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back