Building my new aliens pulse rifle.

stapleton13

I have been getting the itch for a couple of aliens props, and so I have begun building a pulse rifle.
First I picked up a cybergun M1A1 to build around, and started by reworking its handle.
0handlemp4.jpg

Next I started fabricating the stock,barrel, and barrel shroud from steel. I had planned to try, and build a spas cage, but I was lucky enough to locate a real one.
1stockyp6.jpg

2shrouddi3.jpg

1startstockfg9.jpg

yesterday I recieved my 190rd clip, and will be slowing down a little. I need to work on making the stock work, and still need to weld in the barrel ring on the shroud, and sling rings on the stock and shroud. I can use this slow down time to save $$$ for my M870 for the granade launcher.
3shroudtogetherph9.jpg

4connectingbarclipyi0.jpg

I'll post pictures of my progress as I go.

Nice work Stapleton! I wonder if you could share some of your construction tecniques with us? I imagine you have a brake and a shear somewhere in your workshop (or a combination of the two). How did you do the vent holes? With a mill or drill press? What gauge steel did you use?

Cheers,

Dave C

It's probably for the Battery on the Airsoft M1A1.
Thats it. The battery space is limited.
Nice work Stapleton! I wonder if you could share some of your construction tecniques with us? I imagine you have a brake and a shear somewhere in your workshop (or a combination of the two). How did you do the vent holes? With a mill or drill press? What gauge steel did you use?

Cheers,

Dave C

I work in a helicoptor repair station. At work We have a brake, and a shear. As for the vent holes I marked them off, and used a drill to drill out some of the metal. I then used a air file to remove more, and shape the holes.I must say that my air file is one of my most usefull tools. It cuts great with little effort. I am actually attempting to make a new shroud with the vents recessed. There is a mill at work, and the guy who runs it said he would make me a shroud with the recesses. For the 2 parts I made so far I used 16 guage mild steel. Thats probably not necessarry. You could probably safely use 18 or 20.

Myron

You should try fitting an Airsoft Shotgun in there :lol Don't know if that one has been done before. I love the gun as much as the next guy, but when it has some functionality to it it's a whole lot more fun.

You should try fitting an Airsoft Shotgun in there :lol Don't know if that one has been done before. I love the gun as much as the next guy, but when it has some functionality to it it's a whole lot more fun.
Already in the works. Just need the 400.00 for a tanaka m870. I won't be done until that part is in.

That is looing great ! I love that gun just can't afford to get one. Damn those x-wives!

Keep those photos coming!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back