BTTF Replica hoverboard question.

ED101102

Hi all, this is my first post on here :)

Well its a pretty simple post really was just wondering if anyone had bought a hoverboard from this company, hoverboard.org.uk, just click on the marty below and its a link to the site. i have no idea why it came up as marty :confused

Marty

It says that its highly accurate and has been made using a cnc machine, but having bought badly made props in the past thought i would ask on here firt to see if anyone has one and there opinion on it.

Also appreciate anyones opinion of what they think of the item, im sure people on here know a lot more about martys hoverboard than me.

Oh was also wondering if there is a for sale section on this forum anywhere have had a look but mabey im missing it somewhere.

Thanks very much in advance

eddie

This board seems to be the best out there. They are a bit pricey but as we all know you get what you pay for. The one thing it doesn't list is if the graphics are lenticular or not.

I have one of these. I'm very happy with it. I can confirm it is made of a holographic plastic, that imitates the lenticular look. It is very weighty and the colours are outstanding.

This board seems to be the best out there.

I have one of these. I'm very happy with it. I can confirm it is made of a holographic plastic, that imitates the lenticular look. It is very weighty and the colours are outstanding.

Is this board better than the one offered by Bttf123 on eBay? He too doesn't offer the lenticular material anymore and makes them with hard foam.

By the looks of it, the one by Bttf123 has a better and smoother curve elevation at the end. The UK one is raised at the end with a sharp cut.

hi all, just seen this post.

we used to use the holographic "lenticular" looking material on our boards, but to be honest, its just not accurate enough. our graphics now are based on the stunt boards (ie, its a fully printed graphic just like the stunt boards in the films), they're professionally printed onto high grade vinyl, then covered in a coat of laminate for protection. i'd say our hoverboards are 99% accurate (never like to say anything's 100%)

Is this board better than the one offered by Bttf123 on eBay? He too doesn't offer the lenticular material anymore and makes them with hard foam.

By the looks of it, the one by Bttf123 has a better and smoother curve elevation at the end. The UK one is raised at the end with a sharp cut.

the kick is smoother than it looks in the pics, thats just down to the cropping of the pics not being spot on :)

There are several innacuracies about this board compared to bttf123.
I think the biggest turn-off for me personally is the overall weight of it and incorrect curves and tapering.
I own of of bttf123's boards and it is the crown jewel of my collection.
One thing you have to take into account with this prop is that there were many variations of it used in the movie - so you have to pick one version and go with it. Marty's hoverboard changes in appearence several times during the 2015 chase scene, but you wouldn't really notice unless you did freeze-frames.

There are several innacuracies about this board compared to bttf123.
I think the biggest turn-off for me personally is the overall weight of it and incorrect curves and tapering.
I own of of bttf123's boards and it is the crown jewel of my collection.
One thing you have to take into account with this prop is that there were many variations of it used in the movie - so you have to pick one version and go with it. Marty's hoverboard changes in appearence several times during the 2015 chase scene, but you wouldn't really notice unless you did freeze-frames.

if you're going for accurate, doesnt bttf123 still use the inaccurate holographic vinyl for the background? (he does according to his recent auctions). it looks ok (we used to use it), but thats a HUGE inaccuracy which stands out a mile IMO, thats why we stopped using it a few months back and opted for a more accurate custom made graphic. i know bttf123 has used the lenticular material in the past, but he stopped using that a long time ago and only uses the inaccurate holographic vinyl now.

as you say, the hoverboard itself changes from frame to frame, i could show you atleast 5 different hoverboard props that have different tapering and angle to the kicktail on them so its unfair to call our boards inaccurate just because they're different to another makers take on it. our hoverboard's kick is based on what is actually seen on screen, for example:

Hoverboard%201.png

as a side note, notice the tapering on the hoverboard in this shot, its a very steep angle, but then in other shots its more of a gradual slope, so both a steep angle and a slight angle are accurate, depending on what frames (or shots of the props) you are looking at.

regarding the weight of our boards, we cnc machine them out of solid thick plastic, which is obviously heavier then foam/wooden alternatives, this makes for a more sturdy replica and has a much better finish to it than wood/foam.

Last edited:
I always thought I would buy on official replica of the Hoverboard, especially after DST got the BTTF license. But after making numerous requests to them, they finally admitted that they will not pursue to make Hoverboard replicas. Since then I been wondering as to which Hoverboard replica to go for. I remember bttf123 used to offer international shipping, but now has stopped doing it. The one from UK will cost me over $300 including shipping, so it will be several months before I can afford to buy one and ship internationally.

i'd say our hoverboards are 99% accurate (never like to say anything's 100%)
By the looks of it, it definitely looks like an accurate replica of the stunt board. The full printed graphic looks really good.

the kick is smoother than it looks in the pics, thats just down to the cropping of the pics not being spot on :)
Cool.. that's good to know.

as a side note, notice the tapering on the hoverboard in this shot, its a very steep angle, but then in other shots its more of a gradual slope, so both a steep angle and a slight angle are accurate, depending on what frames (or shots of the props) you are looking at.
Yeah that close up shot is indeed one of those shots which clearly shows a sharp kick.

Even though the bttf123 currently uses an inaccurate holographic vinyl (especially having a darker pink shade), I like that it replicates the hero board with all layered graphics including the green and pink Velcro.

One thing you have to take into account with this prop is that there were many variations of it used in the movie - so you have to pick one version and go with it.
Totally, there were several variations of the stunt boards. But I hope to have replicas of both the versions some day, the stunt board and the one resembling the hero board. Which one would I go with as my first purchase is a question for me.

Thanks for all the response from people, pretty awsome that the person who makes them replied too, thaks for that :).

I have to say having a good look, i dont think it is definitly accurate and i shall be buying one very shortly :). I cant have a collection without one of the most iconic movie props ever in it.

The only small thing i have noticed, but not sure if its lighting or a variation of one shading or mabey even sun faded is the one that i found in the Propstores official collection has a lighter shade of green on the front of the board than the reproductions by hoverboard.org.uk

Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables

marty-collection_03.jpg

marty-collection_03b.jpg

Have a look for yourself see what you think, oh and not too jealous of propstore for having the real thing at all.

Thanks for all the response from people, pretty awsome that the person who makes them replied too, thaks for that :).

I have to say having a good look, i dont think it is definitly accurate and i shall be buying one very shortly :). I cant have a collection without one of the most iconic movie props ever in it.

The only small thing i have noticed, but not sure if its lighting or a variation of one shading or mabey even sun faded is the one that i found in the Propstores official collection has a lighter shade of green on the front of the board than the reproductions by hoverboard.org.uk

Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables

marty-collection_03.jpg

marty-collection_03b.jpg

Have a look for yourself see what you think, oh and not too jealous of propstore for having the real thing at all.

you'll notice how the green changes colour during the film too if you look close, but that one in the pic is one of the board that had green velcro on top rather than green vinyl, thats why there's a colour difference from top to bottom :)

The one from UK will cost me over $300 including shipping, so it will be several months before I can afford to buy one and ship internationally.

unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about shipping prices, we only send internationally via Dhl and Parcelforce48 (for European orders), we dont profit at all on the shipping costs, if they could be shipped cheaper, yet still fully trackable to your door and fully insured, we'd do it.

Even though the bttf123 currently uses an inaccurate holographic vinyl (especially having a darker pink shade), I like that it replicates the hero board with all layered graphics including the green and pink Velcro.

if you really want a hoverboard with the inaccurate holographic vinyl and the green velcro, we could do that for you, we stopped making those due to accuracy but if you really wanted one it could be made for you no problem :) drop me a pm

Last edited:
Oh yeah didnt notice that before, bet it looks pretty bad close up having the green velcro tape all the way up.

Razorsharp, have you tried using fed-ex to ship to the USA. I bought a sideshow T2 Endoskull from them a couple of weeks ago, which weighed about 7kg and is quite a big package. Took three days to arive after posting and only cost me $25 bargain.

By the way are the plaques available to order for the hoverboard yet? wouldnt mind ordering at the same time, price dependant of course :)

unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about shipping prices, we only send internationally via Dhl and Parcelforce48 (for European orders), we dont profit at all on the shipping costs, if they could be shipped cheaper, yet still fully trackable to your door and fully insured, we'd do it.
I understand, international shipping rates are indeed very high especially due to the dimension weight even if it didn't weigh so much.

if you really want a hoverboard with the inaccurate holographic vinyl and the green velcro, we could do that for you, we stopped making those due to accuracy but if you really wanted one it could be made for you no problem :) drop me a pm
Thanks, I will surely take up on that offer in the future. It's good to know that you are willing to do this alternate custom take on the Hoverbaord, besides your regular line of Hoverboards. I appreciate it :).

Oh yeah didnt notice that before, bet it looks pretty bad close up having the green velcro tape all the way up.

Razorsharp, have you tried using fed-ex to ship to the USA. I bought a sideshow T2 Endoskull from them a couple of weeks ago, which weighed about 7kg and is quite a big package. Took three days to arive after posting and only cost me $25 bargain.

By the way are the plaques available to order for the hoverboard yet? wouldnt mind ordering at the same time, price dependant of course :)

yeah i've looked into other couriers, infact i've just got a quote and fedex's base price (based on size and weight) is £4 more expensive than Dhl

and yeah the plaques are available now, although i've only got 1 left at present, they'll be more soon though (just ordered a small quantity to start with to see how they sold)

Seems we have the advantage ordering from the us to the uk at the moment :)

How do i order a plaque off the site and for how much?

Last edited:
Just received my board today from Razorsharp192's store (shipping from the UK to Ohio took one day!) AMAZING build quality. Compared to my wooden board I had before, this thing is lightyears ahead of it. Here are some pictures. EDIT: Also included is a comparison shot of one of the originals photographed by someone in 2008...pretty damn close!

Last edited:
Just received my board today from Razorsharp192's store (shipping from the UK to Ohio took one day!) AMAZING build quality. Compared to my wooden board I had before, this thing is lightyears ahead of it. Here are some pictures. EDIT: Also included is a comparison shot of one of the originals photographed by someone in 2008...pretty damn close!

I'd like to buy this hoverboard too but can you confirm me that, on the top there are green velcro and the vinyl used is holographic?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back