BTTF bottles.

Re: BTTF Pepsi Perfect

Let's vote: IF you had to choose just one. Aluminum or wood if I turn out blanks?

I'm not sure the machine shop will go for both right now. If I get some dimensions nailed down I'll play with prototypes this weekend.

Last edited:

If it would lower the cost? Wood. If cost would be the same or within a small percentage? Alu.

pepsi5.jpg

I put mine on the scanner and made this template. Total hight on mine is 8 3/4 tall.

Jim

Thank you. (Nice scan)

While I appreciate everyone trying to help, I'm not interested in the ride version.

I'm only looking for measurements from a screen used bottle.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Re: BTTF Pepsi Perfect bottles.

Love that Slice bottle, cool artwork and super color, alloy would be awesome, depending on price i guess!

lee

Years ago, I turned a bunch from wood and sold them here, back in the ezboard days. The wood worked great, although you'll get a couple hairline splits, just fill and sand and they were perfect. I did a "kit" version with an unfinished lathed wood blank and decal.

I've since sold my lathe and other equipment. :confused

I'm just waiting on solid measurements and I'll do up the protos.

Funny thing about this kind of project. Just about all of the people who have screen used bottles do not like to share measurements...hoarders

BUT, one way or another; I'm on a mission now, I'll get them!

With that, I'll gladly donate some freebies to the first person who gets me some numbers. A couple people are working on it so...just waitin'

Thanks to everyone else who has contributed.

- Rylo

after you make an aluminum one, could you make a clear vac form of it? That would be cool.

after you make an aluminum one, could you make a clear vac form of it? That would be cool.

Now that's what I'm saying!!!!

I think Aluminum bottles for the Diet and Slice and the Vacuform the Perfect!!! COME ON RYLO!!!!! :p

Brad

Here's my 5 second throw together. Not screen accurate but the general idea. :lol

DSC02101.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

Last edited:

Funny thing about this kind of project. Just about all of the people who have screen used bottles do not like to share measurements...hoarders

BUT, one way or another; I'm on a mission now, I'll get them!

- Rylo

Well, I can only speak for myself! But to keep my screen used bottles "special" I would rather not give out any measurments, sorry.
If someone else gives You the measurnets, fine....but if You spend 5K on those bottles I bet You would also like to keep them special.

The scan made a few post back was great, why dont use that?

If someone else gives You the measurnets, fine....but if You spend 5K on those bottles I bet You would also like to keep them special.

I can understand that. Though I can't imagine EVER spending that kind of cash for a prop. You sir are a bigger man than I... ;)

Brad

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back