BSG Procedural Book Replicas

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After getting my hands on one of the prop BSG procedural books, I have figured out my next project.

procbooks1.jpg

I realize the many different layers needed for the actual prop, and I will also be going that route down the road, but what I am looking for now is just a quick mock up.

My printer said there is a printable fabric he can use and I can just apply it to the book.

The actual book prop has a type of cloth dust cover (non-removable) that everything is on (images, vinyl lettering, etc.).

But here is my first cover...

procbooks2.jpg

I'm hoping to have it done by the weekend. I'll post pics when I do.

I am looking forward to seeing this completed. Seems simple enough PROVIDED you have the resource for printing on the clothe. Will this be cost effective to make it possible for you to replicate other books? What I mean is are you going to do the rest of the volumes?

I have just got back into doing some BSG props. I am working on a binder at this time.

Can't wait to see the results.

Best,
DBCooper

I am doing up three books of the various colors used just to see how they come out.

I am hoping to make them cost effective, but there is also the price of having the book's corners trimmed.

I can get plenty of used hardback books for free at out local used bookstore.

I just got the books back from the cutter...

books1.jpg

books2.jpg

My printer will have the outer covers done next week...

Finally! Here they are:

mybooks3.jpg

mybooks2.jpg

mybooks1.jpg

What did I learn from this? Elmer's spray glue SUCKS! I ran out of my 3M and all I had was sucky Elmers.

I'll be posting an interest thread tomorrow.

-Sean

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back