Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Scotland
    Apr 2, 2011, 6:29 AM - Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #1

I was so inspired by Detale78's customisation of his Tiffany doll (http://www.therpf.com/f9/spenser-gif...ct-wip-107988/) that I decided to get one for myself and have a go!

Here is the 24" Spencer's Tiffany doll as it arrived:

Jacket removed:

Veil cut from head (it's permanently attached with plastic tags):

And here she is stripped, shaved, base-painted and with eyes cut out:

Nails have been repainted since this pic was taken.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; Apr 2, 2011 at 6:43 AM.
    From
    Scotland
    Apr 2, 2011, 6:42 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #2

Then on to making it actually LOOK like Tiffany!

The original doll:

With veil removed:

It's just.... bleh! So.....

Head shaved and eyes cut out:

As the head is vinyl, once I heated it with boiling water it was really easy to cut out the eyes with a scalpel and open up a big hole in the top of her head to fit the new eyes inside:

Then a base-coat of skin colour:

Additional skin shades added (it's not as red looking as it appears with the flash here):

Lips repainted (again, they're darker than they appear with the flash); beauty spot added back on; eyeshadow, eyeliner and eyebrows painted on and fake eyelashes stuck on and trimmed:

New glass eyes stuck in place (may adjust the position yet):

And finally, the new blonde wig placed on to see how it's coming together (this still needs glued down, cut down to size and the hair trimmed):

And this is the movie version/style I'm going for:

Still need to paint on the tattoo on her breast, tweak the eyes, tweak the teeth paint, glue and cut the hair and redress her in her wedding dress. I might then alter the leather jacket, but I think I'll probably leave it off - it's pretty poor quality. May make her the choker instead of using the "Tiff" necklace too.
  3. RPF Premium Member Goldenrod's Avatar
    From
    deserts of tatooine
    Apr 2, 2011, 7:00 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #3

Awesome job!
    My daughter has both of the dolls and this is very inspiring
    Great job. Its night and day different,really.
    Apr 2, 2011, 9:24 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #4

I remember seeing your Chucky doll modification, that one was great also!!
    From
    Long Island, New York
    Apr 2, 2011, 9:59 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #5

Awesome work! Gotta check out David's custom now ...
    Apr 2, 2011, 11:34 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #6

brilliant work so far, you'd think spencers would have tried a little harder with the finishing on these, but then you wouldn't be having the fun changing it
    From
    Where the sidewalk ends
    Apr 2, 2011, 7:24 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #7

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm not a huge Chucky fan, but I always enjoy good doll/toy props.
  8. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    From
    Western PA
    Apr 2, 2011, 7:28 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #8

That's a huge difference between what you got and your improvements.
  9. Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Apr 4, 2011, 3:28 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #9

This is looking fantastic! I'd suggest thinning the eyebrow lines to match a little more accurately and I'd get/make new eyes. The ones in the still have MUCH smaller pupils and I think it adds to the creep factor!
    From
    Germany
    Apr 5, 2011, 4:42 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #10

That is awesome!!!

Great work so far... So you will also change the mouth?! Can't wait to see that!!!
    From
    UK
    Apr 5, 2011, 1:01 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #11

Great work, it looks miles better already.
    From
    Scotland
    Apr 14, 2011, 2:04 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #12

I agree that the pupil size in the eyes is a bit too large, but I'd most likely have to go with getting custom eyes made, and I want to keep costs down on this one, so I'm just going to stick with what I have.

I thought about dramatically altering the mouth - cutting out the teeth and tongue, sculpting in a new mouth-inside and inserting arcylic teeth - but I decided not to. I agree, it would look better, but again, I'm just going to stick with what I have.

OK, I'm finished with her now - I hand painted in the heart tattoo on her breast based on close-up screencaps, fixed in the eyes (tryed changing eye position, but didn't work well with these particular oval eyes, so stayed with a straight-ahead gaze), hot-glued down the wig, cut off all the excess (about half the wig!) and gave her hair a trim.

And done:

And here's the happy couple:

Before and after:

13. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Apr 14, 2011, 5:12 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #13

Nice job!
    From
    Quebec,Canada
    Apr 14, 2011, 8:13 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #14

pretty good paint job on her ! well done !
  15. RPF Premium Member thegreatgalling's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Apr 14, 2011, 8:42 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #15

That looks great!! I was so tempted to buy one after seeing in on sale like it was. I never saw this flick, so I passed. I think its perfect!
    From
    Canada
    Apr 14, 2011, 9:49 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #16

Nice work on your custom Tiffany.

Huge improvement.
    Apr 15, 2011, 7:23 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #17

Great work!
  18. RPF Premium Member Corsairgryl's Avatar
    From
    Chicago area
    Apr 15, 2011, 3:53 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #18

what a beautiful bride she turned out to be, awesome job, I love doll mods!
  19. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Jun 14, 2011, 12:57 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #19

i got that doll several years ago because i was obsessed with Tiffany, but yeah the doll is bleh, doesn't even look like the real thing, i would love to modify my Tiffany doll like this but i need some help so may i ask, where did u get the eyes and wig, about how much will it cost me to do all this, how exactly did u do the eye shadow, if i tried it would probably turn out all messed up, and how did u remove the make up and what not. Please help(:
  20. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    Miami, Florida
    Jun 14, 2011, 8:33 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #20

Awesome work, the transformation is incredible.
    From
    Scotland
    Jun 15, 2011, 2:49 PM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #21

kassikillz said: View Post
    i got that doll several years ago because i was obsessed with Tiffany, but yeah the doll is bleh, doesn't even look like the real thing, i would love to modify my Tiffany doll like this but i need some help so may i ask, where did u get the eyes and wig, about how much will it cost me to do all this, how exactly did u do the eye shadow, if i tried it would probably turn out all messed up, and how did u remove the make up and what not. Please help(:
    The eyes and wig were from eBay. Looking at about 30 for the wig and eyes combined. The eye shadow was painted on with a brush and Hunbrol enamel paint. I did not remove the initial factory makeup paint job - I just painted skin tone over the top of it.
  22. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    From
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Jun 16, 2011, 1:12 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #22

alright thank you, don't know when ill be able to start on my doll, but i may need more help and advise when i do start, yours looks great! just hope mine will come out looking good like that
  23. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 12:25 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #23

how did u put the head back together once u had cut it open
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Oct 30, 2011, 12:30 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #24

also how did u glue the wig on and what paint did u use on her skintone
    From
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Oct 30, 2011, 9:58 AM - Re: Bride of Chucky - Tiffany doll modification WIP #25

Great mod. Would love a set of Chucky dolls to keep the children in line