Blake's 7 Liberator handgun and bracelets

Knightjar

Sr Member
This weekend I got a real kick out of seeing my Liberator gun wielded by Avon himself, Paul Darrow. I had a display of my replicas on show and he was kind enough to sign it for me.

The gun was made as far as possible using the same found parts and materials as the original props (as far as I've been able to determine) but I did need to make a few changes to keep it practical and affordable. There's a full build thread for it here:
Sculpting and model-making by Mike Strick: Replica Blake's 7 Liberator handgun

I did two versions of the bracelets - a production accurate version in the same colours as the original props and a screen accurate version made to look as they did thanks to 70's TV! To be honest, the differences are pretty subtle.

You are officially my new favorite person. I won't lie, it brought a tear to my eye seeing Paul Darrow holding a Liberator gun again. If you EVER do a run of them, PLEASE let me know.

I won't lie, it brought a tear to my eye seeing Paul Darrow holding a Liberator gun again.

Me too, Kerr! A really great moment. The gun's something I've wanted since watching the show as a child, and this makes it just about perfect to me.

I doubt there will be a run unless I cast the ribbed section in clear resin, as it would just take too long to make them all by hand. But you never know. I think the next thing on the B7 list will be a Federation trooper rifle.

A few recent additions to my collection :)

2m2vqyu.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back