Batman Arkham Asylum Batarang

That looks MUCH better. If it looked like that out of the box, I would have picked up the Collector's Edition. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks guys...oh,its not so difficult to finish it like that..some silver color,1200 grit sandpaper and some layers of flat clear coat..ready to kick jokers ass...:lol

If the paintjob is not ok,the best skulpts are looking cheap and not real.

its nice that they put some wear to this, but its a step that they didn't need to do. The molds as you see by those pictures from the china facility are polished steel molds which means these would have been perfect, so somewhere along that process they are running it under some wheels

that it comes attached to a stand instead of being a holding stand just means they still don't know what the customer wants versus what the lawyers want.

Not sure if this has been said. The easiest way to get it off of the stand is with nail polish remover. I did it with mine and it is able to still be displayed on the stand and taken down for costuming purposes.

I put some nail polish remover on the back of the thing that was holding the batarang and the batarang's paint just wiped off.

What paint should I use to Repaint it?Only paint i get ere is Tamiya.

Also,no success on removing it

I've been surprised at how many people don't get this prop. Yes itls cheesy as far as what it's made of. The paint job is pretty cool though. They made it scratched up because that is exactl how they look in the game. If you have it' throw a rang then walk up to it and zoom in. It has the exact same scratches.

I thought that was pretty good attention to detail considering this is a cheap addition to a video game.

Saying that the first thing I thought of was getting one and make a cast and make the back match the front and give it a little heft.

I also decided to make this a bit more pretty.

I removed the stand with nail polish remover, and then took some sandpaper and gently sanded all the edges where it should take some wear-and-tear. The plastic is grey underneath so it passes as metal unless it's on close inspection. I'm probably not going to bother to paint it because it looks decent on the shelf already.

It snaps back onto the stand nicely.

IMAG0336.jpg

Phone camera pic.

If anyone is going to make a 'nicer' version of this, go metal or don't do it at all. If you're going to take the time, go all the way.

This is on my list of things to do. I have a few projects to get cracking on but I have an idea of how to make it rotate... I just have no way of making metal ones... They'd have to be resin, but again it'll take me awhile.

I've been surprised at how many people don't get this prop. Yes itls cheesy as far as what it's made of. The paint job is pretty cool though. They made it scratched up because that is exactl how they look in the game. If you have it' throw a rang then walk up to it and zoom in. It has the exact same scratches.

I thought that was pretty good attention to detail considering this is a cheap addition to a video game.
I disagree that it looks "cheesy" and i dont remember anyone saying it looked like that anyway, its the paintjob and weathering (if you can call it that) that lets it down. Weathering doesnt just involve running the product under steel wheels :thumbsdown

I disagree that it looks "cheesy" and i dont remember anyone saying it looked like that anyway, its the paintjob and weathering (if you can call it that) that lets it down. Weathering doesnt just involve running the product under steel wheels :thumbsdown

Do a google search of "arkham batarang". Everyone says it's cheesy.

Really. How much detail do you think they are going to put into a "prop" that ends up costing you about $20.00 to be generous?

Charging $5.00 for workmanship how good of a job could you do in a couple hours?

By the way they didn't run it under steel wheels. The "metal" is painted on.

For what it is, it's pretty nice.

That being said I would love to see someone make a nice resin or better yet metal version. I wouldn't weather it at all personally....

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back