Banned member "Boomer" turns out to be scammer Mitchell Dylan Laine

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He owes me a complete TK suit from Brad's Red Paper Clip thread and it's been two months and I still have nothing from him. It now appears that he has stopped responding to messages. It also looks as though there are at least 2 other members waiting on thir items from him as well.
I'm not saying he has scammed anybody (yet) but I am getting very concerned. He told me he was going to get me the tracking number and after a few days went by and he didn't send me one, I sent him another message looking for an update. He logged out 3 minutes later and hasn't returned to the RPF.
Sooo...has anybody ever received anything from this guy???

Re: Has anybody received anything from RPF member "Boomer"?

Hmm, I'm in the same position with the same results. A trade is overdue and when I asked for a tracking number, nothing.

I'm not ready to start making accusations either, but now that I know that he owes multiple people...

This was sent to me on April 27th:

"Yeah was a slight delay in me forgetting last Friday was good Friday. Post didn't open back up till Wednesday here. And unfortunately the express option was like $300, so it all got dropped off yesterday. Single box for armour, helmet in a separate box. Should be there within 2 weeks. Sorry again about the delay man."

I have received nothing from him to date.

I heard from him a week ago, and he was last on here a couple of days after that. So hoping for the best...

He sent me $16 for something in February. The address is in Australia.

April? Um, guys...Australia is six to twelve weeks from the rest of the world, as the postal pigeon flies...

I do have to agree with Nwerke with this coupled with the fact that there are greater restrictions that have been placed on the USPS recently that hold up international packages. I just hope Boomer PM's the people in this deal. It would be a poor reason to get banned.

April? Um, guys...Australia is six to twelve weeks from the rest of the world, as the postal pigeon flies...

Then it's awful silly for him to say:

Should be there within 2 weeks

I don't understand why it would be 6-12 weeks from Australia though. I shipped him a book as part of the paperclip thread from Canada (not exactly known for the fastest postal system) and it was there in 2 weeks.

Also, he hasn't popped in here but one person waiting for an item from him is in Canada so no USPS problems to blame there. I know this because when he receives his item I will be getting mine so in a way I too am waiting.

I'm hoping everything's fine and the post is just being a pain but there are four people still waiting on items from him... :unsure

Hopefully he chimes in.

The book would have been sent airmail, I guess; is he sending full TK suits airmail? I guess he must be if he really meant the 2 weeks*, but if not, then yes he was being very silly. Hopefully it is all above board, and I too hope he chimes in soon.

* Even then it can be very variable. I've had stuff take two weeks, sixteen weeks or anything in between.

I talked to him right before I went to bed last night. I told him about this thread, so hopefully he will pop in to ease everybody's nerves..

I talked to him right before I went to bed last night. I told him about this thread, so hopefully he will pop in to ease everybody's nerves..

So you spoke to him, he's aware of this thread though didn't post? Isn't that a little suspect? If I were him I would do whatever I could to protect my good name, but all we're getting is radio silence.

Well spoke through PM's that is, I did not stay up to see if he posted anything here or not. I agree that it is a little suspect that he did not but does not prove guilt either. I do not know why he did not post maybe he was rounding up all the info first? I wish I had answers but I do not.

When I read the thread about the terrible drama happened to David (few threads before this one...), Boomer might have the benefit of the doubt ...

just my two cents...

But at least he posted to tell everyone what was going on. Not responding to questions while you are logged on does not give the best impression.

If anybody has any personal information on this guy (name, phone number, e-mail address, facebook, etc.) please PM me with it.
And yes, I will bump up this page every day until Boomer either delivers my armor or he contacts me. :angry

He was om yesteday morniing and he knows about his thread, yet hasn't replied!! I smell a banning coming.

This guy is turning out to be a thief!

I PM'd him 2 days ago and have not got a reply.

Do the mods know about this yet?

I do not know if the mods know yet but I just had a PM from him saying he would be away until next Monday. I do not know why he has not answered anyone I hope he is on the up and up. But I will post info as I get it .. Hopefully next Monday I can report that my stuff has been sent.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back