Badmojo's Wet & Wild Blaster Breakdown

badmojo

I call it The ZED-77.
1%20place.jpg

I picked up the base gun from Walmart for $4. I also found this 2-pack for $3 and decided to use them as donor parts. As soon as I saw the filler caps on these I knew I had to make some type of rocket/grenade launcher. I also ended up using one of the pump grips for part of the Ammo Counter housing. I was able to harvest all the screws & a few greeblies as well. The finned thing on top of the scope was part of the inner tubing sytem stuck into an extra bit of a glowstick.
From there I went to Home Depot and spent over a 3rd of the budget on a 3-pack of those LED Flashlight/Glowstick things, 3 for $10.
resize

But they work pretty slick. 1 click of the button is the flashlight, 2 is flash & glowstick, 3 is just glow & 4th is flashing glowstick. I just took the battery housings and sanded down the ribs so they fit just right into the 3/4" black plastic pipe. Drilled a hole in the pipe for access to the power switch. For the readout I cut the numerals from some card stock and laminated it with a piece of packing tape & just slipped it inside the housing.
Pretty straight forward on the barrel shroud, just took alot of time plotting out the holes. Man, using one of the step/knockout drill bits really moved this step along.
The grip on the launcher is some pool/spa hose I picked up from the cull cart for $1. After mounting the one warhead in the PVC launch tube I figured I'd use the other fill cap and some extra 1-1/2" black pipe from the barrel shroud and make an extra grenade, using some plexi disks for the base. Filled the sucker with hotglue & old nuts & washers to give it real heft. :rolleyes
The stock was pretty simple, I took a 61¢ yardstick and sanded the numbers off. The butt pad is three pieces contoured with a belt sander and sandwiched together with some wooden washers I cut using a hole saw. Trigger is another piece of yard stick, trigger guard is a copper tube clip.
Everything got a textured basecoat. Main body is black satin with the shroud, watertank & counter in grey hammered metalic. I tried the trick of spraying sheets of paper with silver & once dry just rubbed all the edges. Surprised just how good it looks in person. I just did one last finishing touch, put some kill marks on the water tank, one for every vote. :lol
Thanks again guys for all the votes. Makes me want to tackle another one. I'm already eyeballing the leftover donor gun parts.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I'm doing some guns up for me and the girlie for halloween and that card stock trick saves a lot of time and effort for something that just needs to be passable.

You got good mileage out of those glowsticks. I might have to get some for other projects too! Thanks for the breakdown build thread!

Thanks for sharing your build badmojo! I just love the build threads after a contest, when you get to see how exactly all the ingeniousness, inventiveness, and creativity came together!!

Shylaah

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back