AVATAR door gun (GS-221/'AVR-30') build thread

got the vent-holes cut out on the rear barrel-shroud this weekend!
PICT2924.jpg

Okay folks, quick poll question: what kind of strap should this gun have?
Right now, I have almost everything (except for a 1.25" clicky buckle) I need to make the 3-point sling seen in the hi-rez 'Jake's battle rawr' picture above. I may just need to keep my eyes open at the thrift store until I find the perfect one.
However, my overall idea for this project is for it to be the gun of a Navi guerilla, captured from the RDA, and customized like the way Amerindians have been capturing and customizing white man's guns for centuries--some blue war paint, maybe a banshee mouth (think Flying Tigers) around the front of the barrel-shroud, etc. In which case, would it make more sense to give the gun some kind of woven/braided natural-fiber sling?

I think the woven / fiber / leather sling would fit well in that context. But in the end, it's your creation - do whatever makes you happy.

-Mike J.

latest rough fit:
PICT2939.jpg

pivot-post isn't installed in the pic, but it's propping up the barrel stuff.
the ring for the front of the ammo can came from a tub of hummus!

Look ma, no clamps!
PICT2951.jpg

Pretty much finished building except for a few finishing details, now it's painting and weathering time.
I'll be weaving a sling for it later this fall after I get some other items off my loom.

Alright folks, it's been a while but I've got the paint job about where I want it. Still could use more beating up and jungle mud in the crevices, tho...
PICT3116.jpg

PICT3120.jpg

PICT3125.jpg

That thing is massive and looks great, you really deserve some more views on this thread. I don't really care for that mounting pivot or whatever it is on the bottom, though. The one in the picture had it removed and I think it looks better without it.

Wow turned out great , nice build up thread and love the paint job , agreed it would look even better with some more weathering . Whats that color by the way?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back