Arsenal models

This comes up from time to time..

Do a search for
COOL MODELS
on Ebay.

In short..

S T A Y A W A Y !!! :sick

Last edited by a moderator:
they are vendors every year at a local con. i'll not speak to the origins of their kits, as that's a bigger story.

raw construction? i've gotten a couple of kits from them, and they are ok. not great... not even good. but ok. salvageable, for the most part.

i wouldn't call them a first choice, but if there's something you just can't get anywhere else, you MIGHT not be wasting your money. maybe.

I purchased a Clone and Leia blaster kits. The Clone was ok but the leia was garbage. I asked for a refund and shipped it back. They said that I would be refunded the cost plus shipping. I finally had to confront them at DC last year to get parcial refund.

I will not deal with them again. Check the boards as I seem to recall they are a confirmed re-caster.

If memory serves, arsenal is the name on the catalogue sent by ebay user Cool Models. Do a RPF search on Cool Models.

Someone please correct me if I am in error.

If these are the same guys I see annually at a fabulous midwest con, I'd avoid them. They always have a large selection, but the quality is a mixed bag. A friend bought a couple of the Firefly pistols. At the same show I bought a Mal pistol from Wilco for about the same price. When we compared them later, his was undersized, had less detail and seemed pretty innaccurate. My buddy didn't realize it when he bought it and was disappointed after. Rumors that some of the stuff is blatantly recast is also disturbing.

You can request a catalog and they will send it in a link for you to down load. Cool Models and Arsenal is one in the same.

A definite recaster.

To note; his stolen Jayne pistol was originally from an RPF'er's prototype that had the sight rail on backwards.
He recasted it backwards, couldn't sell them and had to change them.

His River pistol is cast from an eBayer's version that has since been updated. The updated version by tyragphoto is the best River pistol out there.

His Mal pistol is taken from an early fan casting that is extremely inaccurate.

"Coolmodels" has had Nathan Fillion sign one of his Mal pistols and
Summer Glau sign one of his River pistols.
As of last I heard, they had not sold.
To my eyes, they are just so grossly inaccurate, even the sigs don't make people want to put them in their collections.

I bought one of his Blue Hand Guys Death Device kits before I knew his rep.
It is the biggest piece of garbage; totally un-useable.

His Jayne Serenity auto-pistol is truly bad.
Not just inaccurate, but it doesn't even really look like the movie pistol.

I have seen his castings and they are decent if he stole them from someone else, but his Jayne Serenity auto-pistol and the Death Device are just incredibly crude on their surfaces, like a 1930's era Russian iron casting.

So basically, all his Firefly/Serenity stuff is trash.
Avoid as a consumer, even if the whole recaster thing doesn't bother you.

Arsenal Models (Vintage models and toys)
Edward A. Felinski and Jeannine M. Lewis /Hummelstown, PA

Edward Felinski Title Postdoctoral Scholar
CollegeCollege of Medicine
CampusesPenn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
DepartmentC&M Physiology

I don't know if this is the same Edward A. Felinski, but it seems odd that two guys would have the same first name, middle initial, and last name and live in the same area.
Hummelstown is pretty close to Hershey, PA.

All his stuff is recast and very poor to boot. I have seen some of his casts upclose and the only use for them is as doorstoppers. I would be ashamed to sent out the quality he does.

I didn't know Jeanine was his partner, she bought a 1st gen cast of my screenused last starfighter pistol on ebay, wander how long it will be before he offers recasts of that one.

Jeanine's ebay handle is dinosaurnut so seller beware

Last edited:
GAAAAGGGHH!!! NOW he lists an Ursus pistol! :angry Where the hell was he a couple weeks ago... There's no way in Hell I can get one here and built up in time for Halloween... :angry

-Sarge

I got a Jayne replica from him about 2 or 3 years ago at Dragon Con. The quality isn't really all that good for a display piece and as pointed out earlier, some of the details are wrong. But if you want a piece that you can carry around for cosplay and not worry too much about they're ok I guess. It's what I do with mine. Since I don't do any particular character, just a browncoat kind of thing, a few mistakes can be explained as custimization.

I have had many people send me his kits to build, and they are for the most part junk. Here is his phaser ( the white one) next to a real cast of one ( in black). The proof is in the pudding..Kev2 cents

Wow! What's up with that upside down nozzle? Did they mold it on like that??? :confused

-Sarge

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back