Anyone know if this person is a member here or at other forums?

Playing devils advocate here but how sure are you that they are rip offs of your work?

What I'm getting at is did you by any chance put a small "telltale" in the artwork that you could use to prove your ownership of the artwork? Or if they were created via a digital medium maybe the originals have a creation date.

I really hope so.

how incredibly annoying and angering. I some how don't believe he did the work since if he really loved the show he would have real props too and not just paper props. I mean seriously a whole web site for just some letters and an almanac, and a few photos? either he would have real props or it would not be just a back to the future site and have paper props from other movies for sure. I hope you do have something proof wise kurt for those who can not see this. or are just to willing to give benefit of the doubt.

I just sent him a couple messages. He can deny that he didn't steal them, but look at the girl in the photos on each of Ebay home pages.... the same chick!! Either his girlfriend or wife, and it proves he is the same person.

There is always possibilities that others have the skills to create the stuff they sell. I mean, anyone with Photoshop skills and blueray dvds can create some realy nice versions themselves.

The problem is, no two people will execute the prop the same EXACT way. Like the previous issue with Kurtyboy's Sarah Conner photo.... while someone could have created their own, Kurtyboy was able to tell where he redrew parts, stretched parts and invented parts. He was able to see those signs and that was the tip off. No other person would duplicate those parts exactly as he did. that is just impossible. We all would make different judgements in different spots.

So while we can all say.... it is possible this person has some skill and made them.... I am sure Kurtyboy has good reason to show that he didn't.

He is not the only maker of these props in the universe..... but he is among the best, lol.

I think I saw some of his letter props on ebay... but never the photos...

And if we on topic, b2b auctions is another seller for BTTF props... but it looks like he gets all the stuff from here, and Im not sure, but I believe the BTTF magazine covers are the covers I send to some people a while ago...

Yeah, b2b auctions sells the Vigo and Muses pictures as well. They are now offering them in the larger poster sizes.... I am sure that will be ticking Rhett off soon. LOL.

No, they are definitely mine. Whole chunks of some of the photos are obscured in the movie and I had to fill in the spaces. The framing, the shape of the tomb stone, the bits I spliced together from various frames. It's all there.

I just sold a set to a joker in Scarborough, and this joker also in Scarborough has them for sale a few days leter.

I am sure they got them here.... notice the cropping on the Muses? They cropped out the watermark Hotshot placed on them.

Kurtyboy, the person who bought the grave picture is definitely the one selling them. Look at their photo they put on their feedback page. They used two different photos, but the same girl is in both of them. SO they gave themselves away, lol.

They have been selling them for about 6 months now. I assume them got them here before the images were removed.

The Muses:
http://cgi.ebay.com/24-x-36-toga-Gh...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19b7800aa2

The Vigo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ghostbusters-2-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19b67c172e

What I don't get is that is the guy selling the star trek prints that look huge in the picture but they are 8 x 10. Most paper props I have seen on this site by anyone can easily be reproduced with little knowledge of design programs ,so whats the point of buying it and ripping it off ?
I know it's easier but if you want to make BTTF paper props, just make them and don't worry with it. That's why i have trouble buying paper props at any level because most if not all can be done pretty easy.
Sadly you can't lock down the paper prop market by producing props, if you sell them on ebay they are fair game sadly.

Playing devils advocate here, and don't get me wrong, I can understand peoples frustrating at their stuff ending on ebay but is this not the same as us ripping off frames from a movie to make a prop. It's someone elses work after all

What you are playing devils advocate for is considers around here as digital recasting. The thing is in many cases one has to recreate the prop from several different screen caps, clean them up, etc. It isn't just pausing the movie on your computer and printing it out. Many hours go into each bit of work just like a sculpt.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back