ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

An idea I had for the Sight/Greeblie, just another possibility of course. A new piece for the center strip, and reshaped antennas. The model is just for concept.

Notice the Reflections on the greeblie pieces.;)

What does everyone think?

7omb80nY.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Never heard about the imperial disc theory, even if it´d make sense.
But please keep in mind that not all of the transrotor pulleys had the notch! I was lucky to find a bunch of original vintage transrotor parts and there are quite a few variations of the pulleys.

I´m still not concinced that they used the discs WITH notches on the Chewie BC either.

Markus

All the discs I saw in your lot had notches. Did the ones without notches you've seen have the same proportions as the correct Imperial discs?
The bowcaster discs match the rest of the discs used on other props.
I do think I see at least two of the notches in the bowcaster pics.

Regardless, there are two other metal discs with center holes used on the bowcaster which have roughly the same diameter as the Imperial disc. Either of those could have been on the Han blaster instead.

Hm...o.k., if YOU say so ;)

I really thought there were some un-notches discs in the lot, but I might be mistaken (only checked the box once when I took some pics). :$

Markus

All the discs I saw in your lot had notches. Did the ones without notches you've seen have the same proportions as the correct Imperial discs?
The bowcaster discs match the rest of the discs used on other props.
I do think I see at least two of the notches in the bowcaster pics.

Regardless, there are two other metal discs with center holes used on the bowcaster which have roughly the same diameter as the Imperial disc. Either of those could have been on the Han blaster instead.

Maybe your box was mixed with pulleys from Transrotor and the original british ones?

As far as i remember the 2 companies had a kind of business relationship.

Another shot showing Disk placement.

Does not go all the way up to the Rail, but does "cut" into or lay over the angled raised surface just below.

But not what it is...yet
diskplacement.jpg

Just the shape of the front sight/t-track piece. Has the t-track been shaped to look like a real front sight, or is it the shape of the toggle head...

It's visible, but mostly as a silhouette. What were you hoping to see?

Quote:Has the t-track been shaped to look like a real front sight, or is it the shape of the toggle head...

I think both. See post 335 above.

It is a cross between Lonepigeon's drawing, MR's short version and mine.

I think it makes sense and is the right size and shape. The toggle and front sight are essentially the same size and shape.

I've revised the sight a bit to show if the antenna are placed up against the vertical "sight" the tips may touch making a much sleaker looking sight...I think.

sightdetailcopy.jpg

What I think I'm seeing from all the angles we have is something shorter than the antenna, maybe about the width of the center strip on some t-track. It looks to be mostly the antenna we're seeing from the side, instead of something sticking up in front of it.

It kinda reminds me of something like a Sight ramp between the antennas, anyone else see it?

-Carson

Sorry not to get this off the ANH topic, but I noticed something in one of my posters the other night. The Return of the Jedi poster has Han holding what looks like an ESB version of his blaster, but if you notice that there is still a Mauser ring/loop at the bottom of the grip. I know artists use photos to make a poster like this. It makes me wonder if there were production blasters sitting around with the loops still on them for this photo or if the artist just put the loop in as he had seen it on a Mauser/blaster? Anyway, I had never noticed this before, but it is very obvious. Any thoughts on this?

return-of-the-jedi-2.jpg

I'm sure the blaster in the poster with the lanyard ring is the bizzare bunker blaster that has been discussed several times in the past:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/bizarro-never-seen-han-solo-blaster-rotj-2652/

rotjweirdo2.jpg

It's from the deleted bunker scene and is most likely the original ANH blaster reconfigured:
rotjweirdo3.jpg

(illustration by Lonepigeon)

Sorry not to get this off the ANH topic, but I noticed something in one of my posters the other night. The Return of the Jedi poster has Han holding what looks like an ESB version of his blaster, but if you notice that there is still a Mauser ring/loop at the bottom of the grip. I know artists use photos to make a poster like this. It makes me wonder if there were production blasters sitting around with the loops still on them for this photo or if the artist just put the loop in as he had seen it on a Mauser/blaster? Anyway, I had never noticed this before, but it is very obvious. Any thoughts on this?

return-of-the-jedi-2.jpg

Last edited:

photoshoped the sight may look a little like this.

I'ts a rough, just for an idea.

anhleftherowithsight.jpg

sightrendercopy.jpg

Here with sight and no antenna

anhleftherosightnoanten.jpg

Last edited:

The real T-Track will not conform to the curvature of the barrel as much as you have depicted it. Just sayin'.

The real T-Track will not conform to the curvature of the barrel as much as you have depicted it. Just sayin'.

I know... but the real T track looks way to big if it wasn't ground down or sanded to curve with the barrel and you don't see it in the pics really.

Maybe not T Track?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Maybe not T Track?

Any suggestions?

Maybe another T-Track? Or they sanded it to a special shape?

Or - don´t ..... put away the torches ...... maybe Ginos T-Track is not as accurate as we all think? It´s only a replica, too, based on the infos he had. It wouldn´t be the first time something nearly drawn in stone had to be reconsiderd after new finds/infos/pics......

In short: "I don´t know, but a lot is possible".

Btw. - today i got my replacement grips for a real Mauser (and other goodies):

Blaster007.jpg

I´m curious how they fit sizewise to the MGC and the Denix, will show some pics tonight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back