ALIENS: Terry English-made Hudson Colonial Marine Armor

Riskbreaker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since I was thirteen and saw ALIENS for the first time, I've wanted a set of marine armor and a hero Pulse Rifle to go with it. I've had the Pulse Rifle for a few years, but in January, Terry English helped along the rest of my geeky wish.

My Aliens gear is now the centerpiece of my collection.

I've spent the months since accurizing and completing the display and thanks to a good friend, was able to take some high quality photos of it today. I hope you enjoy ogling my armor as much as I do every day.

RC_TE_Armor_2.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_1.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_3.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_4.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_5.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_6.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_7.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_8.jpg

RC_TE_Armor_9.jpg

The geeky details:

• Real Beyerdynamic M560 microphone
  • Real Gerber Mk II knife and accurate sheathe (also original)
  • SDSTUDIOS M40 grenades (his most recent run)
  • Stephen210 grenade straps (Terry did not make them for the original film and thus the sets that come with his suit are a little wanting)
  • Sci-Fi Military BDUs
  • Sci-Fi Military helmet cover
  • Matsuo (working) shoulder lamp
  • Matsuo camera body (painted correct Brown Bess)
  • Real Pentax lens affixed to front of camera body
  • Desert tan helmet band (someday, I'll find a better British WWII version of this [wider and less elastic, also more beat-up] but this will do for now)
  • $40 headless torso mannequin purchased on Ebay
  • Custom-made acryllic helmet stand
  • Very special thanks to Stephen210 for converting my helmet and providing the nametape and grenade straps!
On a side note, the conversion rate for the dollar vs. British pounds sterling is *very* favorable right now, so anyone who was thinking about this, you might want to jump on this. They are expensive, but also a total work of art that will only hold its value (or increase) as Terry won't be making these forever.

I'll do my best to answer any questions. Again, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek Now that is just amazing!

Here's an obscure question for you... is the blade on your Gerber Mk II black oxide or the regular uncoated?

A few years ago my brother was out in L.A. doing some sound editing for a cartoon, and he goes to get lunch. There, in a corner of the comissary, is Bill Paxton, eating a sandwich (or whatever it was).

So later he stops by StarBucks, gets his $4 cup of Joe, and heads over to the little concessions isle to fix up his coffee. Next to him, doing the same thing - Tim Allen.

Game Over. Indeed.

P.S. FREAKIN AWESOME ARMOR! It looks screen used!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back