Advice on Starcraft C14 Marine rifle.

acidus

Hey guys, After watching a few of Adman Savages videos online, I've been In the mood to do a build project. I'd love to have a replica marine rifle from Starcraft 2, The C-14 Gauss Rifle.http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...raft/images/c/c4/C-14GaussRifle_SC2_Phys1.jpg

I've downloaded the plans for a paper-craft version you can see a full build here, Marine C-14 Gauss Rifle - Cuz I love SC!!

It's something which I think I can do for my level, but I'd like it to be a bit more solid than just paper, I've found a printing company to print it onto business card grade paper for me. I'd like to make it more solid, what materials or coating could I use on it once it's all build?

Thanks and sorry for my in experience.

Hi Acidus,

Well, if the plan works out exactly the way it show in the pictures you linked you have quite a few options.

You could probably print this yourself on card stock instead of having someone print it for you, unless you cant get to kinkos or somewhere.

But, whoever designed this did you a HUGE favor by designing it the way they did.

You could fiber glass and resin the inside of each piece. Then do some surfacing with bondo or something alike.

If you are relatively new to this sort of thing I would recommend attempting this type of surfacing/structure on a smaller piece.

Tank

Another thing people do with paper models like this is print the parts of and then glue them to sheets of styrene and then cut them out and assemble.

This might not be something you want to tackle if you haven't done similar things in the past. If that's the case, I'd recommend building a few smaller models in paper or cardstock and then move on to styrene when you have a feel for it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back