Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS PAGE 5

Re: Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build

^ Evil Rocketeer just scored some, they might still have some in stock. I recently made one out of real copper so you wouldn't need to paint it. I'll get a picture of it uploaded.

- Jeff

That would be great! I would like to see that. I didn't realize that the real fan needed to be painted...

Hey Jimmy nice build, here are some more build pics, i love how the welds look on this guys engines
hope it helps
Jack

Lucas Francis Studio

That page helps alot, thanks Jack.
I'd be interested to know what paint he used - looks very good.
It's going to be another week or so before I can get more work done - I'm getting some kit parts to finish off the engines. I haven't decided if I am going to weather the engines yet, so I will leave that up in the air for the time being.

Since my old airbrush is a worthless POS, I just ordered the Paasche Talon so once I get comfortable with that, I may end up doing some weathering to the engines.

Don't make the "Utinni" mistake with them boosters! LMAO sorry Jeff HAD TOO! Look up "Tafa metal plating". That's what the originals were coated with. Its real metal plating, you should check it out.

Last edited:

Don't make the "Utinni" mistake with them boosters! LMAO sorry Jeff HAD TOO! Look up "Tafa metal plating". That's what they originals were coated with. Its real metal plating, you should check it out.

Thank you - I will look into it.

Thats great but it still paint. :( Tafa is metal particles sprayed onto the surface, Its Real metal, Not metal powder in a paint base

There's also this stuff, but I haven't used it yet: The Official site of Thomas' Liquid Stainless Steel paint for Appliances – USA

And a video showing application: How to turn a white fridge into stainless steel - YouTube

And an alternate company that sells a similar product, but it's also available in a spray can: StainlessSteelPaint.com

That Liquid Stainless Steel from Thomas looks really good. And they DO have it in a spray can. I'm still a little while away from the paint process but at least at this point I have some good options to choose from.

My link actually came with the kit? Sweet! I feel fairly flattered about that!

And nice work so far! Keep the pictures coming!

My link actually came with the kit? Sweet! I feel fairly flattered about that!

And nice work so far! Keep the pictures coming!

Apparently, Clint has been selling the kit with your link for a while now, where have you been?:lol
Your site is pretty much the only good reference for putting this together - so thank you!
I will finally be able to get back to work on this on Monday. Also stoked about trying out my new airbrush!!

Oh its not like that at all if i remember what Rick told me.. "You could Plate a dollar Bill" And if your statement were true all the original Film packs would have melted wouldn't they have? They were plated with this process..
The whole setup you would need runs about $5000 - $10,000. It's also a high heat application process, which would destroy hollow resin. Might work on a solid Indy Idol, but I don't think the rocketpack would survive.

Last edited:

Oh its not like that at all if i remember what Rick told me.. "You could Plate a dollar Bill" And if your statement were true all the original Film packs would have melted wouldn't they have? They were plated with this process..

I must have been reading the wrong thing off the website. I only saw thermal application rigs. Do you have a specific link to the one used for the film packs? I'm really curious to read about this process.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back