3d rendered SG-1 Replicator block

cheech9898

Sr Member
I had posted awhile ago in the off-topic forum asking about the different CAD/CAM programs since I wanted to get into home CNC. I've been learning the software slowly. Anyway, after getting through all the included demo's and training cd's for Alibre I grabbed my hero replicator block and modeled it up in Alibre

renderedReplicatorBlock.jpg

It's tweaked to where I like it & pretty close to the hero block tolerances. Now if only I had my home cnc mill. :cry Hopefully by next spring summer I'll have the $ to get the mill & hardware to start making chips.

If any Russrep or any of the other guys that do cnc runs are interested in the files to do a run let me know.

That looks great. I'd love a metal version of the replicator blocks. I have various screen used hero and stunt blocks and more than a few resin replicas.
I'll be watching this with great interest

I've already been in contact with russ about possibly doing a run based on a cast from my hero block. I'll keep everyone posted.

Hi mate just about to replay to your email.. Looks ok to do. Do you have a resin one you want me to copy or do you have a drawing?
Thanks
Russ

Just out of curiosity - how many blocks do you need to build a replicator bug?

I'm thinking you'd need at least 100???

Hi mate just about to replay to your email.. Looks ok to do. Do you have a resin one you want me to copy or do you have a drawing?
Thanks
Russ

Quick 'N Dirty detail drawing to give you the idea of the size/scale Russ

rbdetails.jpg

As far as the # of blocks to build the small bug, I'd say in the 150-200 range... but I got bored after casting around 20 of these things and never made it to enough to build a bug

cheech9898, it's really cool of you to make the measurements available!

everyone else, please do not make this into a sale thread. All sale info belongs in the JY. (don't post "I want to buy!") Thanks!

building a bug would be awesome but very very time consuming. That and I really suck at puzzles and a bug would bascially be a giant 3D puzzle. :lol I just think it would be cool to have some in metal. If the drawing from Cheech don't work I do plan to send a cast of my hero block to russ. Either way, I'm sure russ will turn out an awesome block.

Sycor,

Replied to your email with Russ as the primary & cc to you with the dxf & included 3d files.

I'm crossing my fingers that this takes off, if we can find a source to get them a slight translucent purple anodizing too, that would probably give it that slight purple shimmer seen onscreen w/ the cg bugs.

I'm crossing my fingers that this takes off, if we can find a source to get them a slight translucent purple anodizing too, that would probably give it that slight purple shimmer seen onscreen w/ the cg bugs.

Awesome. And just as an FYI. My block is more of a blue/red paint job. I think a lot of the coloring was done with the right combination of lighting and the paint job. Like one half of mine is more blue and one side is more red and in the middle they blend very well. It might be hard to get the color right. But even if we can't match the coloring the silver metal blocks will be really nice to get too. :)

I've seen the hero blocks all different colors. I think it somewhat depends on the scene/episode it came from & as to what they were suposed to have been eating/replicating from. My hero block looks like it is just all silver. I've seen some that were sprayed with a brown & copper color misting also (I would assume those were from the russian sub episode). The CG ones are pretty consistent on the slight shimmer so thats why I said something about going for that look.

Oh well, off to work I go for the afternoon.

Not from my end. I will admit I've been slack. Between my friends death, work, and now being sick, this just aren't falling into place. I will be ordering silicone soon so I can send russ a cast of my screen used block.

Russ, I have a few around here. PM me your addy, and if I need to put a custom's form w/ like 'toy plastic charm trinkets' on it let me know.

Hi,
have anyone the "real" replicator block? I mean not in 3D, but from some plactic or cast.....

I got idea how to build a "real" one replicator and ARG - replicator that will move a little bit (not walk), hold together and scattering into individual blocks if you hot him with ARG. Then you can build him easily again, and again hit him to make him scatter to blocks... :lol

But I dont have the blocks :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back