2000AD ABC Robot: Deadlock

Dudleywigley

Hello all, with Halloween coming up, I've made a costume based on one of the robots from the British comic strip "ABC Warriors" in the comic 2000AD.

Some of you may know the ABC robot that appeared in the film "Judge Dredd" - that one was based on the goody-goody character "Hammerstein"

Mine is called Deadlock and is all mystical and spooky.

DeadloackBDweb.jpg

The helmet lights up, as does the pommel of his infamous weapon, "The Ace of swords" hope you like him

Tidy work! What is the helmet made of?
I'd love to see an ABC Warriors film get produced if the upcoming Judge Dredd film does well.

Fantastic work. As a long-time 2000AD fan, it's great to see their characters coming to life. One question, though, do you have the bike?

Badsprout

Thanks! the helmet base is a British Colonial (repro) pith helmet - cut off at the brim, dome tilted back, brim widened at the back then the front "portcullis" filled in and a wooden nose added.... lightweight too as the helmet was actually (badly) made of balsa wood - lots of filling needed.......

Thanks guys - another pic - more soon as I wore the getup at a big party last night - minus the Ace Of Swords as "weapons" were banned - wusses!

Deadlockradweb.jpg

again well done, not only kudos for a great looking costume but extra retro kudos for picking such an obscure yet iconic character! I hope you posted it over at the 2000ad forum too!

Zarjaz work!

Respect
P.

Oh man, that is amazing!! Please tell me you do custom orders on things! Haha I may seek you out in 45 days once I can access the junkyard! When I get my costume ordered to make I hope someone with this kind of skill can help bring it to life... FKING AMAZING, seriously.

That is awesome dudley , seem to remember someone here doing general blackblood as well , you should definately hook up and get the mechnificent 7 started :eek:)
I can be the mess ( no costume needed ) !!

Cheers guys! The Mek-nificent Seven should indeed ride again! - the BlackBlood ensemble was a fine piece of work and Joe Pineapples would be an easy project, but to be really obscure I'd have to have a crack at Happy Shrapnel next.... he didn't get many lines in the original story....poor Happy....

Yes I do custom orders from time to time - thanks for asking!

Would love to see someone have a go at Mongrol , very long knuckledragging arms a must though , did consider doing a hammerstein or ABC robot (movie ) it is doable , was thinking of having elbows as shoulder joints and use arcticulated hands or a Hammer if its the former , here's a rough sketch
scan0001.jpg

Great idea with the elbow thing! Hammerstein in any guise needs his "ROVER" codpiece as a lament to our lost motor industy (sob!)....kinda forgot Mongrol - I know a few people with the same body shape but as they are female I doubt I'd get them to wear it...

Big idea: get a cheap knackered combine harvester off ebay and make a full size Mek-Quake! - might need a "combined" effort from us UK based builders - anyone up for a team up? he'd clean up at Steamfairs and Monster truck rallies?

"Laraaa!", "Smush!", "BIG JOBS!!"

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back