1st Post - My Prop stuff

GhostCinderella

Good evening, everyone.

Just registered, first post, thought I'd share some of my work.

Oh... before I begin... a shot of my basement. It'll kinda give you an idea of where I'm coming form, mind set, and narrow interest level.

DSC00019.jpg

As for props. I enjoy making one-of-a-kind items, and sometimes doing repaints of existing store-bought (Hallowe'en) props that I think look cool and would look much cooler if I painted them to look real.

I collect crap, and by crap I mean as low down on the crap-meter as rusted tin cans on the street kind of crap... and fashion stuff into usually weapons.

Hand carved, big wooden old straight razor (blade is fixed)
Bizarre cannibal scissors
Faux antique serial killer photo / faux clippings diary

straightrazor2-1.jpg

Backwoods cannibal shuriken, hand made wooden handle fashion around
blades of an antique hedge trimmer.

shuriken1-1.jpg

shuriken2-1.jpg

Backwoods meat cleaver made of rusted tin can (aforementioned crap), with hand-made handle distressed and accessorized.

TinCleaver.jpg

Scarecrow mask rip of the DR SYN mask.

DSC06785.jpg

Gun hybrids.... toys chopped up, re-fashioned and painted with a little exact accessory love

gunprops1.jpg

Human skin duster with real (chicken) bone handle.

Humanskinduster4.jpg

CREEPER mask made of burlap, assorted fabric, accessories, and porcelain teeth inset with hot glue.

Creeperleft-1.jpg

Antique burn victim mask. Burlap with leather trimming.

BurnMask2.jpg

3-foot meat cleaver made of rigid foam core board.

MeatCleaver.jpg

Re-upholstered, antiqued and distressed inside violin case and handle. The material is a fabric paper from Japan.

DSC05225.jpg

$! Dollar store crappy machete repaint and grip twinning.

Machetteprop5.jpg

Circus cannibal juggler outfit and latex & material mask. The mask is a one-of-a-kind, made on a Ultracal male bust.

Carnival2-1.jpg

DSC09497small-1.jpg

Another tin can knife. A inner metal support keep the blade firm, heavy and deadly. The handle is from an old file.

DSC09996.jpg

Goal mask turned.... I dunno.... Death Race gladiator mask?? Trimming done in heavy twine in a blanket stitch pattern and shellaced... heavily.

GladiatorHelmetPropsmall.jpg

Death seeker masks.

DSC07668sm.jpg

Well I say that enuff for a quick ( ) introduction - first post.

I love it! Everything feels very...genuine. Weathering and painting and whatnot are all very convincing. If I could afford it, I'd stock my house with your wares come Halloween! Welcome. :)

Mind if I ask what technique you used to get the texture/color on that goal mask? I'm working on a Pyramid Head, and that is a darn excellent rusted/oiled/pitted metal effect...

wow that's pretty wicked! A fun place to bring unsuspecting guests for a visit hehehe.

There's something really spine tingling about making knives out of rusted tin cans. Sound's pretty deadly to me; Very creative and excellent painting techniques! Looking forward to seeing more!

There are people with skeletons in their closet... then theres you... I feel bad for the women you bring home :D

Epic first post and everything is visually astounding.

Wow amazing stuff you have there. I could swear I have seen your foam core meat clever before. Did you do a tutorial on how you made it somewhere?

Anyway you have wonderful and wicked imagination.

That's some sweet, sick s**t! The weathering/aging is perfect. I especially like the plague doctor mask.

I love it! Everything feels very...genuine. Weathering and painting and whatnot are all very convincing. If I could afford it, I'd stock my house with your wares come Halloween! Welcome. :)

Mind if I ask what technique you used to get the texture/color on that goal mask? I'm working on a Pyramid Head, and that is a darn excellent rusted/oiled/pitted metal effect...

For the texture I used a product called STONE EFFECTS, a three-part application for outdoor concrete patios and steps and whatnot. I just figured... WTF... I can use this for props.

I roughed up the surface of the plastic goalie mask for grip, and first applied a layer of MODGE PODGE, that water-based acrylic adhesive, sealer you get at craft shops. It's like a thick Pros-aide.

Then I laid on the Stone Effects Step One primer, which has a nice small grit in it. I guess if you wanted a more intense grit, you'd then apply Step Two that contains a heavier concentration. Site below... explains all.

RustOleum.com

Once I finished, I hand painted everything with blend of spray paint and acrylics. Since I can't air brush, I do all my painting by hand.

The trim work is actually thick twine. Drilled holes around all the edges, and then did a "blanket stitch" to give it that twisted rod iron look. Crazy glued the crap out of it to hardened it, and painted.

Hope that helps.

Jeez... how could I forget.... a handbag made out of human skin pieces, a eye piece, human hair, a school pin, and the girl's school I.D. card sewn in under one of the flesh flaps. Who's your boyfriend now, baby!!

Skinbag1.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Real chicken bones? Yeah right! Thatsreal human skin!!
Would you care to explain how that chicken died???
Dude you are freakin me out!!!
Also this should be in the serial killer "section" of this forum!
Look at his wife man! Is she alright or someone reported her missing???

Only joking mate ! Totally belieable!
Welcome to the forum..... I think!
Mars

Last edited:
Ghost, welcome to the site and it is a pleasure to view such great talent. I love the items especially the human handbag. Now, she can carry my books muahhahahahaha

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back