1:1 Trek Wall replicator project - pic heavy in post #1

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, been working on this and finally decided to throw some pix up on the rpf. I am copy pasting from some other non-rpf threads I started on the project:

The foam core mock up I made is 2" wider than the drawings, that's why the control panel on top is a little short. The final piece will be made from handy board and plexi with a light shining on the dispenser floor.

wallreplicator-1.png

wallreplicatorsizing.png

Here's the mock up:

DSC06331.jpg

DSC06332.jpg

DSC06333.jpg

DSC06334.jpg

Here's the frame (cut but unassembled).

The thingies just laying in there are some bits'n'bots I pulled out of my scrap-crap bin. there's more that will go in there. I plan on using that steel canister with the little window in it as a pattern buffer lit from within. I plan on having some iso chip racks and some ISO circuitry on multi-level plexi in there.

I picked up some lighting for the interior greeblies and for the front dispenser shelf. They will be 120V wall-plug powered with a hidden switch wired in. I'll also most likely be putting some random LEDs in the inside greeblies on a separate circuit powered by 6v lantern batteries mounted in the bottom of the wall replicator.

It will be a little heavy, so two keyhole mounting holes in the back will be needed used with drywall anchored screws for hanging.

DSC06462.jpg

DSC06464.jpg

DSC06465.jpg

DSC06466.jpg

OK, got some work done on the pattern buffer. The wiring is still a bit rough, and the decorative tape needs some tweaking to make it look a bit more professional, but I like it. Here's two pix of it and a link to a short video of it in operation. Excuse the quality, it was taken with my regular digi camera not a video camera.

I'll have pix of the aluminum lined busy box and the new dispenser plate in the actual replicator as soon as the last of the JB Weld sets tonight.

The Video: http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/boozee2/?action=view&current=MOV06602.flv

DSC06600.jpg

DSC06601.jpg

OK, here's some pix of the innards of the replicator so far. I need to polish up the aluminum and work on the greeblies to fill it up. Here you can see a set-in-place test fit of the pattern buffer and it's power source and the dispenser grid plate covering another sheet of aluminum. All the gaps in the aluminum joins are not a problem. They will be covered when all the busy box innards are installed.

DSC06604.jpg

DSC06605.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

WOW! That is so cool looking. The case would make a good dispaly base for Star Trek Props. I love your work please keep up on the posts

Thanks.

The wall replicator is based off the one I saw recently in a re-run on TNG. The episode where Wesley is at the academy and is being investigated after a shuttle incident with his cadet squad. There is a scene where Tom Paris, er.. that guy who looks like Tom is trying to pep-talk Wesley and the others not to tell the truth. The Replicator is on the wall in the background.

And it does look like this same replicator was updated for use on the VOY sets, though my design is more TNG-ish in shape but more Defiant in color and the graphics are definitely DS9 color-scheme.

I am currently working on the plexi circuit panels and Light box for the ISO chips before I close everything in. I just got my custom graphics I made printed by Sean at lcarsnet.com. They look great. More pix to come as soon as I figure out how to heat my garage!

Last edited:
I can't help but crack up at you Sulla...

Did you watermark the images of the replicator so we can't....

replicate them? LOL! Haven't laughed this much all day. Thanks.

And it does look really cool. How will you get access to the innards for display?

That is too cool Sulla,any chance that you'll share the graphics? So we can build one our selves?...been craving some Rokeg Blood Pie lately and it would be easier to replecate it... :lol

I posted the first images in a forum that more or less requires watermarks. Just been reusing it since.

The top panels and the LCARS panel will be removable-held on most likely with pressure fit and magnets. Reed switches mounted to the panels and the inside of the busy box will activate the lighting and the pattern buffer in the busy box. Take off the panels, and something will light up or spin. Put the panel back on and it'll stop/turn off.

There will be a rocker switch mounted to the bottom of the unit to turn on the 6 or so ultra bright LEDs that light up the dispenser area on it's own separate circuit.

I already have all the electronics and wiring diagrams. I just need to finish the housings and details before I finish the whole unit up.

Despite what I said in post # 1, the designs have changed to that everything is battery powered and internally mounted. It will not have to be plugged into anything.

Last edited:
This totally made me smile. This has been one of my weird dream projects for years and it looks like you beat me to it. Excellent job and I can't wait to see more pics.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back