Rocketeer

Jason_E

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished up the display base for my rocketeer statue/display that I have SLOWLY been picking away at.

I wanted a simple "BOWEN" type base with a bit of an art deco feel to it.
The base itself is laser cut stainless with a graphic similar to the movie poster on the top under glass.

Power feeds the front lights, as well as the cable which will run up through the mannequin and feed the rocket pack lights/sounds.

For all of the rocketeer lovers out there I thought you might get a kick out of the branding that Dehner did for the boots. It was a very nice touch on their part.

SO...big question.

I am finding my rocketpack building skills are a bit more polished than my mannequin display building skills.

Would love some feed back concerning poses.

I have seen some great vader/emperor/boba figures on the rpf that look as lifelike as it gets for a mannequin. If anyone has any build up pics/tips they would like to share I am all ears. I have a mannequin but have already started to mod the crap out of it...but still havent gotten things to sit just right.

I have all of the elements...just need to finish the form and dress "Cliff"...lol

Either way...comments def. welcome.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• NICKEL PLATED ROCKETPACK.jpeg
    NICKEL PLATED ROCKETPACK.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Rocketeer display

I can't help with the mannequin advice, but this is the coolest thing EVER, I absolutely love the stand and the boots have brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure the guys here will give you plenty of top tips, but I for one can't wait to see lots of update pictures:thumbsup

cheers
jamie

I agree completely Z

This is my number one draft pic to date...at least for the legs. The base is only around 24" diameter so I cant splay the legs out too much.

I think the upper torso of the sideshow bust is nicely done as well...

And like you said...nice, neat, and hopefully simple is where I would like to take it.

I think there might be a great deal of cursing involved getting things to sit just right with the mannequin...and then trying to jam the leather coat on.

Jason

and then trying to jam the leather coat on.

how about putting the arms into the jacket first holding them in there then attaching them on to the torso?

it would be a nightmare getting a jacket on if the arms were bent at 90º otherwise as in the disney figure pose.

-z

This is incredibly cool. Seriously, are you a wizard?

With the current placement of the boots and the size of the display itself I would personally recommend a hands-on-hips pose, having the head either looking slightly down and forward or up and over a shoulder.

Throw an American flag and a spot light behind it for good measure.

This is indeed VERY cool. As for the mannequin, do you already have one or are you still looking? If you want to use the Disney/Medicom pose, this might work nicely:

Roxy Display

I used this same mannequin for a life-size James Bond in a very similar pose and it worked pretty well...

Ooops, just caught that you already had the mannequin. Oh, well - something to consider anyway.

Last edited:

I LOVE what you've done with this base. It's one of the cleanest, simplest, yet classic looking pieces I've seen in awhile!

As for the pose, why not stick with the poster a little. I'd do the hands on the hips with the head turned and tilted up and to the side, as if he's about to blast off your base.

Looks great so far!

I'm not a big fan of bases on 1:1 figures, but for some reason a base for this figure makes sense, the Rocketeer lettering is just SOOO classic! Love the base!:love:love

I also think this character is a good one for a life-size figure as you're not dealing with a human bust but rather the helmet. Those always look more "real" to me.

I've had a heckuva time finding a good mannequin for my Boba Fett. IMHO, the pose is the KEY on these figures. Giving the pose "life" is a hard thing to pull off.

Following with interest!

brad

Thanks guys

Out of town for a few days so the rocketeer-ing is on hold.

Thanks for the comments and the great ideas to date.

Looking forward to getting this project wrapped up.

Jason

Back into the shop and had some time to test the clothes on the mannequin.

The arms are going to need some serious love to get them into the final pose...but luckily I didnt have to put the mannequin on a diet to get the pants on.

I ran steel rods run up the legs and into the torso.

Hopefully it wont fold over backward when I actually put the rocketpack on. I am assuming thats what they invented the crying emoticon for...lol

Thanks for looking.

Hopefully it wont fold over backward when I actually put the rocketpack on. I am assuming thats what they invented the crying emoticon for...lol

Thanks for looking.

thats the sort of thing that would happen to me, good thinking about those metal rods.

coming together nicely

-z

Man, I'm green with envy. I've been dreaming about a 1:1 figure for years but could just never afford it.

Thanks Z

I bought a pose able mannequin but I think it might have been a waste.

I have been putting metal brackets and clamps on every joint. Live and learn I guess.

The whole project is def. not for the faint of heart. When the expenses start getting out of control it gets put in the corner for another day. I have been picking away at this thing for years...literally. Less painful that way. If only I could cut out eating...or buying gas...all the money in the world then....lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back