1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

You know... I don't think anything is better for one person than doing the same thing over and over and over again until they finally get it right... You know what I mean, right? By the way... how's that glue on your HIC working for ya? LOL Just kidding, my friend... I had to say it! ;)

. . . and SMACK!:sick I see how it is!:lol

The surface of the full-scale Falcon is baby smooth compared to the miniatures.

That screen shot is just prop after prop after prop after prop after prop after.... Ooow, and the Falcon's tool tray on the X-Wing wing. Niiice!

I saw it right after he posted, typed, then deleted because I'm sure it's not.... But I want to believe that's a wookie on the MF wrenching... :)

You know... After seeing these screen shots... I REALLY want to build a SnowSpeeder! :D

The surface of the full-scale Falcon is baby smooth compared to the miniatures.

From what I remember, some liberties are going to be taken mixing some stuff from the model and some from the 1:1...

We should get the SS model guys to help with the fabrication guys and the vacform guys... And make all the model pieces for the exterior...

Making the final product MORE accurate than the screen used full scale!!!

:D

Hi Gang,

RAIN RAIN RAIN... It's been nothing but drizzle and rain all weekend... UGH...

This is where we are... I am beyond frustrated! I cannot get the two front side panels to align properly like they did before! I think the hot weather has warped them... I'm stuck in a holding pattern until the @!&^$$@! rain moves on!
20130818_111549_zpsa92dd8b4.jpg

The quad platform sits and also awaits details, paneling and paint
20130818_111557_zps1e42060c.jpg

The only good news is that I did add a few greeblies to the quad! There was no rhyme or reason... :) Once this is done, I'll primer and paint.
20130818_111619_zps3f3929eb.jpg

20130818_111639_zpsa1a9730d.jpg

20130818_111649_zps0ac64fc5.jpg

QUESTION: I want to add a dirty wash over the quad and platform once it's finished. I'm using a water based primer and paint. Does anybody have a suggestions for a good wash? Should I use black, grey, dark brown and water or should I go with a oil based paint?

RAIN = :angry
ALIGNMENT = :angry

Last edited:

QUESTION: I want to add a dirty wash over the quad and platform once it's finished. I'm using a water based primer and paint. Does anybody have a suggestions for a good wash? Should I use black, grey, dark brown and water or should I go with a oil based paint?

Yes this rain has been ridiculous. Atlanta is like a rainforest, with the mist, plants growing like crazy, and bugs everywhere.

Try mixing your water-based paints with Windex. It makes the wash lay in the crevices without running.

In all my years prop-making I never heard the Windex trick. I'll have to try that!!!

I wish that rain would whisk its worthless ass on down to my corner of Texas. We've been getting a lot of overcast skies, but almost no rain at all. Damn tease.

The Formica might be the way to go. I already know how to deal with it and it will create a strong bond. And the KILZ primer is perfect... OMG! What am I thinking!? I must be home dead on my toilet![/QUOTE]

i was a laminator for years so it's easy for me to say...black panel, black laminate. grey panel, grey laminate. no paint to wear off, no kilz needed.

but that's easy for me to say...

Hi Gang,

I'm home today - have several appointments I need to take care of. But the great thing is the weather is calling for only a 10% chance of rain. I woke up this morning to beautiful clear skies! So, in between I'll be working away... :)

I decided to use MDF for the paneling instead of the 1/2" ply. Less sanding, better surface
20130819_100306_zps13c7cbea.jpg

Adding some greeblies - I have a great idea cooking! Stay tuned!
20130819_100315_zps276de831.jpg

Begging for primer and paint
20130819_100321_zpsc8de746d.jpg

So that part is finished. I've been working away trying to get the quad ready for primer! I was just about to finish the barrels when all of sudden... it's now raining! :angry What's the only occupation in the world where you can be consistently wrong and still show up in the office the next day?

UGH...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back