1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

They look great! I also like how you made the front of the console appear to be a separate piece. Was there a pick that showed that?

I'm getting to the point where I have to start thinking about seating... At the very least I'll need a pilot and co-pilot seat.

You can see the split pretty clearly in it. I'm pretty sure it was used to gain access to the internal wiring, as were the rear-most panel and the gray panel on Han's side along the center section. This is totally my inference though.

It also makes that part easier to fabricate, since most of the cuts are perpendicular now.

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I never even noticed it! I assumed the "very" front panel popped off. That was something I excluded from my build. I just added a pinstripe.

I could be. It's anyone's guess at this point, no?

Does anyone know if any of these set pieces survived? Makes you wonder about the upcoming Disney revivals. I wonder how glammed-up things will get (shudders)...

I KNOW! It blows my mind! I would think after the success of the first film they would have auctioned off some of the more popular pieces - cockpit, chess table, quads, ramp, radar, etc...

Heartbreaking... BUT... somebody has something! They must!

Oh dear. That is very very sad to see...

On the bright side, it was the wrong scale! Right, guys? It's not so bad. Right?

o_O

Also didn't see cockpit part in the heap...

Oh dear. That is very very sad to see... On the bright side, it was the wrong scale! Right, guys? It's not so bad. Right?...

ummmmm... yeahhh??? ;)

Also didn't see cockpit part in the heap...

Which might be a good sign! Unless it was scraped at a different time... But I would think somebody would have saved something... It would be difficult walking to your car with a full scale X-Wing under your coat...

Last edited:

As far as the holographic chess table goes, I thought the original was on display at what used to be MGM Studios in Orlando. If not, I guess I have a honeymoon photo of me standing beside nothing more than a reproduction :unsure

I KNOW! It blows my mind! I would think after the success of the first film they would have auctioned off some of the more popular pieces - cockpit, chess table, quads, ramp, radar, etc...

Heartbreaking... BUT... somebody has something! They must!

Anything too big would have been scrapped before the film even came out unfortunately. I imagine a LOT is left in the archives though as evidence by the exhibits that pop up now and then.

At the very least you'd think after ESB that they would have saved some of that stuff but it was a bit of a different world then.

I just remembered I read "somewhere" that Anthony Daniels saved some pieces of the Falcon. But I'm not sure whether this is factual or what pieces he has.

Holy crapsicles!! This is really awesome... Is it more than a prop... It may be in fact a bit of a set!! :D very impressed!! :)

Hi Gang,

Had a late office meeting last night so I wasn't able to get to any of the panels. But... here are some pics of how CLOSE the switches are to each other - and how I lucked out not having to fill the holes or worse, rebuild the panels! WHEW!!!!

20130305_053624_zps8499e408.jpg

Close Up - looks good - no worries right?
20130305_053635_zps2cda66dd.jpg

Backside!!!! CLOSE CALL
20130305_053654_zps449a3ffd.jpg

I found some old camera parts on Ebay and thought they might work as greeblies. These are not attached. I still have a many more switch knobs to add but... What do you guys think of this piece?
20130305_053814_zpsd4080f95.jpg

20130305_053819_zps364a3f05.jpg

Hi Gang,

After taking those pics of the switches I went into panic mode again... Side by side, the switches are fine. Vertically spaced, there is a minor problem. Two switches aren't an issue. 5 swicthes and the spacing gets too tight for the 4th and 5th switch. Not enough to rebuild - but just enough to do a little sanding of the edge of the 5th hole... again... whew!!!!

From the front - they look really cool!
20130305_055443_zps38eea78a.jpg

From the back... whoops... spacing is just a bit tight...
20130305_055430_zps8874b5e6.jpg

I've got to get back in the game and put my thinking cap back on...

Hi Gang,

After taking those pics of the switches I went into panic mode again... Side by side, the switches are fine. Vertically spaced, there is a minor problem. Two switches aren't an issue. 5 swicthes and the spacing gets too tight for the 4th and 5th switch. Not enough to rebuild - but just enough to do a little sanding of the edge of the 5th hole... again... whew!!!!

From the front - they look really cool!
20130305_055443_zps38eea78a.jpg

From the back... whoops... spacing is just a bit tight...
20130305_055430_zps8874b5e6.jpg

I've got to get back in the game and put my thinking cap back on...

Nothing 2 seconds on a disc sander won't cure. The plastic housings on those switches should be pretty thick, so maybe you can just shrink the few odd balls...

I figure I'll just sand the holes down a little further... It won't take much

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back