1:1 Emperor Palpatine Throne - FINISHED (kinda)

Fun to see how it all came together there.

Real nice job on the Throne.

I'm SO gonna try to make one of these next summer! I'm better with wood than plastic! :angel And my dad and uncles are big construction gurus so supplies are cheap! :love

Not to mention the fact that this thing just really came out stunning! Great work! (y)thumbsup Very inspirational!

I'm SO gonna try to make one of these next summer! I'm better with wood than plastic! :angel And my dad and uncles are big construction gurus so supplies are cheap! :love

Not to mention the fact that this thing just really came out stunning! Great work! (y)thumbsup Very inspirational!

Good luck to you!

Thanks guys... it was a lot of fun (although kind of a pain in the a$$) to build. if we would have had more time to plan and source materials, I think it would have been even better.

Maybe after a brief hiatus we can venture back in for another try at getting the perfect replica throne... but for now I for one think this is the best attempt I've seen at recreating it. Thanks to Tray and Joe and Mr. Ficker for the assistance in making it as awesome as it is.

You can look for it at any of the larger Garrison Carida events.

Thanks for all of the advice and comments. stay tuned there may just be more on the horizon... or maybe something bigger...

-Jonsolo

it was nice seeing everyone's reaction to the chair when we finally revealed it to the Garrison. Everyone loved it and had to have their photos taken in it. I could not have been happier with how it turned out in the short time frame we had to build it. As Jon said, the next one will be that much better. now that we have had a chance to see the prototype done.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. This was certainly a project worth doing. I'm looking forward to the next project whatever it ends up being. Jon and Joe are two guys I'd definately like to have on the next build.

Good luck to you!

Key word was... "try" LOL! :lol (looks like a fun project, and with NO deadline should be alot less of a pain!)

I also have a friend that is great with foam and fiberglass... So I can't wait to see what you all come up with for the 2nd try!

Do you think you will scale it up a bit? Or go with the same relative size?

I would be making it for myself... to sit in. So it doesn't have to be perfectly accurate in size but would like to get it as close as possible of course!

Im sure someone out there has the EXACT dimensions...

I am also looking forward to the fiberglass/foam build. Although for a daily use throne I think the wood will hold up better. (lots of worlds to blows up you know.. )
Incredibly fantastic work - even more so when the time constraints you had to work with. :thumbsup

we actually discussed how much we would charge for one and after the pressures and amount of hours on this one it would be in the thousands...

maybe after awhile when the memory fades to only remembering the good stuff the price might go down...

though I think my wife will never let me forget the "f-ing chair build" of 2009.

-Jon

Yeah, I think we could do it faster. It would be nice to have something a little lighter to move around. I would suggest doing it out of solid foam the way they did for the movies. That would likely cost $2000 at the least for a chunk of foam that big. I have ideas I want to try out. Hopefully it will work well.

I'd also try and build hand holds into it somehow still hiding them from view.

Last edited:
we actually discussed how much we would charge for one and after the pressures and amount of hours on this one it would be in the thousands...

maybe after awhile when the memory fades to only remembering the good stuff the price might go down...

though I think my wife will never let me forget the "f-ing chair build" of 2009.

-Jon

:lol:lol:lol

but we love it.:cool
You did an outstanding job, guys-congrats!!!!

We had to rush final assembly for the chair to get it out for the New Years parade.

Hopefully we can fix up some of the problem areas after we get past the new year.

look for more progress photos at the end of the thread soon....

thanks for looking.

-Jonathan, Tray, and Joe....
Fantastic--Great Job!!!!!

We did for the parade:

IMG_0517.jpg

:cool:thumbsup

This is cool.

Do you have any photos/youtube from Broad Street or during your performance?

I looked for the throne on television to no avail.

Re: 1:1 Emperor Palpatine Throne under construction....

Want to bring it down to Florida for CV? Seriously! We were talking about a charity project, if LFL would let us do it, where people could get their photo taken sitting on the Emporer's lap for a few bucks. It would be hilarious, and I bet we'd have a long line for that!

Scott

i guess this might happen according to Tray... you guys have discussed this? I suppose we should think about transportation....

hmmmm....

anyone got a boxed trailer?

Oh, it's going to happen. You know you want to build a trailer special for this thing, Jon.

Whether or not it will hold 250+ pounds of people weight I can't say. I think I would like to not give it a try just in case. We didn't build or support it for that much weight.

CV or bust!!! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back