Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 12:56 AM - Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP (UPDATE 7/22) New pep files done & unfolded! #1

    Greetings fellow force fanatics!

    Recently, I have been working assiduously on a set of TK Pepakura armor modeled by Dungbeetle a while back. I know the model is not screen accurate, but it's good enough for now. So far I have fiberglassed the bucket of which I made a few modifications to the front. Specifically, around the goggles for more accuracy.

    The chest and back have been fiberglassed, primed, and painted. I haved pepped the arms and ab plates and am still working on the legs. Also, I have noticed others have assembled Dungbeetle's files as well. Kudos to everyone bringing the universe we love and know to life.

    Thank you very much Dungbeetle for all of your efforts, I hope to see more of your excellent work in the near future. So, enjoy the pics everyone and may the force be with you always!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk.jpg 
Views:	941 
Size:	853.5 KB 
ID:	42758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk1.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	680.3 KB 
ID:	42759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk2.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	783.8 KB 
ID:	42760  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk4.jpg 
Views:	1455 
Size:	734.7 KB 
ID:	42761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk6.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	650.2 KB 
ID:	42762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk7.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	42763  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk8.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	614.5 KB 
ID:	42764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk9.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	482.3 KB 
ID:	42765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk10.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	522.4 KB 
ID:	42766  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tk11.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	475.4 KB 
ID:	42767  
    Last edited by Fierfek; Jan 13, 2011 at 1:45 AM.
  2. Xxblackbird's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Messages
    440
    Jan 13, 2011, 1:48 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #2

    Those are fantastic. I don't think I've ever actually seen a successful Stormtrooper pep before. Well done on the armor and good luck on the rest of the helmet.
  3. Dung0beetle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Texas
    Messages
    302
    Jan 13, 2011, 8:15 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #3

    Nice work! I'm working on a more accurate one (asymmetrical) that should be done after I finish the Vader I'm working on.
  4. MooCriket's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    From
    Baltimore MD
    Messages
    6,979
    Jan 13, 2011, 9:20 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #4

    Very good work! Looking forward to seeing more!
  5. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 11:52 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #5

    Xxblackbird said: View Post
    Those are fantastic. I don't think I've ever actually seen a successful Stormtrooper pep before. Well done on the armor and good luck on the rest of the helmet.
    Thanks. Yeah I've never seen a completed pep either, maybe this will be the first one.
  6. Klwl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Ottawa, Canada
    Messages
    309
    Jan 13, 2011, 11:55 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #6

    Get crakin Dung am still working on my original helmet....but a more accurate one would be awesome!!

    Great work on the Armor!!
  7. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 11:58 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #7

    Dung0beetle said: View Post
    Nice work! I'm working on a more accurate one (asymmetrical) that should be done after I finish the Vader I'm working on.
    I'm glad you like the build. I can't wait to see the new files. Your work is superb!
  8. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 12:02 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #8

    MooCriket said: View Post
    Very good work! Looking forward to seeing more!
    Thanks. I will continue to update my progress periodically.
  9. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 12:05 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #9

    Klwl said: View Post
    Get crakin Dung am still working on my original helmet....but a more accurate one would be awesome!!

    Great work on the Armor!!
    Thank you. I plan to vacuum form a set once I finish a more accurate build.
  10. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 12:55 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #10

    Klwl said: View Post
    Get crakin Dung am still working on my original helmet....but a more accurate one would be awesome!!

    Great work on the Armor!!
    Thanks. Good luck on your helmet.
  11. dkaniel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Manteca, CA
    Messages
    207
    Jan 13, 2011, 1:01 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #11

    Excellent work so far! I will be interested to see how the helmet looks when it gets further completed. WHat are you going to do for the lens part and section on the front of the helmet in the area of mouth and grille/filter area?
  12. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 13, 2011, 1:59 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #12

    dkaniel said: View Post
    Excellent work so far! I will be interested to see how the helmet looks when it gets further completed. WHat are you going to do for the lens part and section on the front of the helmet in the area of mouth and grille/filter area?
    Thanks I appreciate the complements. I plan to sculpt the greeblies that go on the front and form the lenses from green acrylic material used for TK buckets. The speaker casings will be cast in resin.
  13. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Messages
    7
    Jan 14, 2011, 10:04 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #13

    Excellent work on the armor so far! It looks really nice and smooth.
    I'm also workin on this armor set. BTW, what materials did you use? Sometimes hot glue gets a little messy for me.
  14. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 14, 2011, 11:13 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #14

    DCAzn said: View Post
    Excellent work on the armor so far! It looks really nice and smooth.
    I'm also workin on this armor set. BTW, what materials did you use? Sometimes hot glue gets a little messy for me.
    Thanks, it took a lot of sanding to get it that smooth. I highly recommend wet sanding before priming, because it really makes a difference in getting the smooth look and feel. I used the standard 110 weight card stock, fiberglass resin, and light weight bondo method. Hot glue in my opinion is the best venue to go with even though it can get messy. All those liquid based adhesives tend to cause warping during the fiberglassing. If you do go with liquid adhesives I would recommend reinforcing your piece with strips of card stock applied over the inside seems with hot glue. Good luck on your build.
    Last edited by Fierfek; Jan 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM.
  15. superfunk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    South Georgia
    Messages
    24
    Jan 23, 2011, 6:53 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #15

    How is this build going? I'm about to the bondo-ing stage on my suit and I want to see some more finished stuff to shoot for!
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    Ontario
    Messages
    92
    Jan 24, 2011, 12:39 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #16

    Wow this looks really good, Ive stayed away from doing the pepakura stormtrooper because I just didnt think it would look good enough. Where did you get the pep files for it?
  17. jamesthebatman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    New York City
    Messages
    53
    Jan 24, 2011, 2:02 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #17

    great, now I have to try that when I finish my Iron Man. nice job!
  18. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 24, 2011, 6:13 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #18

    superfunk said: View Post
    How is this build going? I'm about to the bondo-ing stage on my suit and I want to see some more finished stuff to shoot for!
    I have encountered a few minor set backs dealing with scaling issues for the arms and legs. So I have to repep a few parts. Also, the weather has not been ideal for fiberglassing. I plan to have most of the armor finished by spring. The bondo process if done properly is the longest step in the build.
    Last edited by Fierfek; Jan 24, 2011 at 8:29 PM.
  19. Jaiden Turr'n's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Titusville, Florida
    Messages
    15
    Jan 24, 2011, 6:49 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #19

    I'm trying the helmet myself, but it came out way too small...so small that it barely fits my 9-year-old's head. When I try to use the designer program to resize it, it wants to print out on over 30 pages. Is that typical, and will it come out right by doing that?
  20. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 24, 2011, 7:17 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #20

    Jaiden Turr'n said: View Post
    I'm trying the helmet myself, but it came out way too small...so small that it barely fits my 9-year-old's head. When I try to use the designer program to resize it, it wants to print out on over 30 pages. Is that typical, and will it come out right by doing that?
    When you resize in designer you have to rearrange the pieces within the margins. If you want to pm me your email I can send you my unfold, which is only 15 pages set at 290mm(11.4)in height . Might save you some time.
  21. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 24, 2011, 8:33 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #21

    zacic said: View Post
    Wow this looks really good, Ive stayed away from doing the pepakura stormtrooper because I just didnt think it would look good enough. Where did you get the pep files for it?
    Thanks, it takes a lot of work to get it to look like that. I used Dungbeetles files, which can be found on the Star Wars pepakura wiki.
  22. Fierfek's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Lothal
    Messages
    1,114
    Jan 24, 2011, 9:28 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #22

    jamesthebatman said: View Post
    great, now I have to try that when I finish my Iron Man. nice job!
    When I finish my Stormtrooper build I will start an Iron man suit.
  23. Jaiden Turr'n's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Titusville, Florida
    Messages
    15
    Jan 25, 2011, 6:36 AM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #23

    Fierfek said: View Post
    When you resize in designer you have to rearrange the pieces within the margins. If you want to pm me your email I can send you my unfold, which is only 15 pages set at 290mm(11.4)in height . Might save you some time.
    That would be a big help. Thanks! PM sent.
  24. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Messages
    128
    Jan 25, 2011, 3:19 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #24

    That looks fantastic, did you glassfiber onto the card, or use the card and bondo as a positive to take a mould from?

    Craig
  25. superfunk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    From
    South Georgia
    Messages
    24
    Jan 25, 2011, 3:56 PM - Re: Stormtrooper Pepakura armor & bucket WIP #25

    How are you doing your shins? I'm to that point on mine and I can't seem to scale them right enough to look good and to fit over my ankles. Perhaps, cutting them and doing some sort of elastic hinge or something. Idk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 111
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 2:36 PM
  2. Dr. Doom pep files Unfolded by BSD
    BSD, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2014, 7:15 PM
  3. Replies: 62
    Last Post: Nov 23, 2013, 6:34 PM
  4. N7 male armour pep files - unfolded
    montee916, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 20, 2013, 4:28 AM
  5. WIP: Stormtrooper Pep & Foam build; yet another project
    Kormier, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2012, 9:00 PM