Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

What if the remnants of the empire all gathered together ie a contingency plan to fall back and regroup...

Even for years..

To regroup, rebuild, and vote in what grand moff would take over...

THEN they reemerge strong as ever with new better equipment etc.

The empire had deals all over the universe for tabanna gas, arms, spices, clones etc etc...

I'm sure that they could retain power over a lot of those assets!

So... That's how I'm excusing the empire being BACK in power.

Thus the extra muscle hunting the last "hope" Jedi makes sense.

At least to me.

The issue I have with that is that if there was ONE place would have been under total control and least likely to revolt, it'd likely be Coruscant where the emperor seemed to spend all his time. Not to mention, what kept the systems in line in reality was the threat of the Emperor. There was no answer for the emperor or vader until luke. Sure, they'd build resentment, but of all the places it'd have been squashed over the 20 years between ROTS and ANH, sounds like it'd be coruscant. yet, as soon as the emperor is dead, the streets there are filled with people celebrating and tearing down his statue. You'd think that if there was a good military prescense still there, they'd have stopped that PDQ.

It's not to say there may not have been backwater worlds we never saw where they'd still be around, but I doubt they'd be a significant power. The empire may not have been snuffed out complete at the time of ROTJ, but in 30 years, you'd think it'd be settled. It's not like they personified anyone in the OT who LIKED the empire.

For E7 to have the Empire as a main threat would be disappointing.

The left over leaders of the Empire are going to be all, "Listen, y'all, we are sorry for the past few decades. As you may or may not be aware, the Emperor dude was as crazy as an ewok on death stix... He was lightning zapping peoples a$$es all over the galaxy for no good reason. We were scared to death of that crazy ol burnt up dude! But now that he's all blown up and stuff, we are happy to announce a new Empire for the people by the people. Oh and you might see some motorcycling Stormies around. They're just collecting taxes, don't worry 'bout them:)"

136988369820.jpg25268043_BG2.jpg

the first is from 1984 and the second from 2014

I think this is a good example of how far we can advance in 30 years. I can only imagine in the star wars universe. I think the helmet looks great, can't wait to see the rest!

I personally do not like it, its too futuristic starwars was always just different ,not nessacarly futuristic it bothers me how plane it is no defined brow. eyes and mouth are connected and its totally going against the vibe of the ot and jjs "vision" it also in my opinion lacks character and appears to be a symmetrical helmet my god wtf!

Let's don't even think about that.

I'd imagine it looking like one of the more streamlined McQuarrie versions personally.

In regards to the Empire commentary, there are plenty of scenarios where the Empire could still be around, at least in some capacity, so I can't really say it bothers me that much.

I personally do not like it, its too futuristic starwars was always just different ,not nessacarly futuristic it bothers me how plane it is no defined brow. eyes and mouth are connected and its totally going against the vibe of the ot and jjs "vision" it also in my opinion lacks character and appears to be a symmetrical helmet my god wtf!
It may be "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away", but that far away galaxy is still very futuristic. Look at the pictures again, it's not quite symmetrical.

The issue I have with that is that if there was ONE place would have been under total control and least likely to revolt, it'd likely be Coruscant where the emperor seemed to spend all his time. Not to mention, what kept the systems in line in reality was the threat of the Emperor. There was no answer for the emperor or vader until luke. Sure, they'd build resentment, but of all the places it'd have been squashed over the 20 years between ROTS and ANH, sounds like it'd be coruscant. yet, as soon as the emperor is dead, the streets there are filled with people celebrating and tearing down his statue. You'd think that if there was a good military prescense still there, they'd have stopped that PDQ.

According to Lucasfilm (Lucas?) that was crushed immediately after what was on screen. Presumably after they chucked that Stormtrooper into the abyss. :lol

I like the new helmet (symmetrical or not) but we'd need to see a full frontal view to know what's on the chin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anyone care to guess at what the Episode VII stormtrooper armor will look like? I'm assuming very streamlined and minimalist, but the original stormtrooper armor is already so simple in design.

I think some people anticipated the new Stormtrooper helmet to look something like the TFU Imperial Navy Commando design, which I happened to have modeled recently.

14785423250_e9b9da7315_o.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back