data-ad-slot="5185789655">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 4, 2010, 5:36 PM - Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #1

I'm thinking about buying a full length Darth Maul lightsaber but I haven't seen any with an accurate emitter except for the Roman Empire's lightsaber, is his the most accurate one? Thanks.
  2. data-ad-slot="4313291280">
    data-ad-slot="8398578428">
  3. Banned
    From
    California
    May 4, 2010, 7:38 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #2

Zenkai i believe is his name.. His is the most accurate to date I believe.
    May 5, 2010, 2:53 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #3

Anyone have any pix of a Zenkai?

I'm looking for one with an emitter like the one pictured below. Anyone make one like that or very similar to it?

May 5, 2010, 7:24 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #4

Is the Roman's Empire DM3 lightsaber an all around accurate replica?
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    May 5, 2010, 8:49 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #5

Bowelrock said: View Post
    Zenkai i believe is his name.. His is the most accurate to date I believe.
    Zenkai's would have been, but the machinist/he neglected to mill in the little "pockets" between the red and silver buttons. It was easy for me to fix because I have access to a shop, but left untouched, it's a GLARING error. Go with the RE.
    From
    York, PA - USA
    May 6, 2010, 2:58 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #6

Or you can wait for me to do my run. I've got measurements, unpublished archive photos, and am working on blueprints. I'll probably be doing this saber after I'm done with my current Anakin run, unless there's a huge public outcry for a particularly different saber.
    May 6, 2010, 7:07 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #7

TridCloudwalker said: View Post
    I'll probably be doing this saber after I'm done with my current Anakin run,
    Can't seem to find the link for your Anakin run.
    May 6, 2010, 7:34 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #8

Never mind... I just found the link: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=76058
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    May 6, 2010, 7:53 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #9

Or you can wait for me to do my run. I've got measurements, unpublished archive photos, and am working on blueprints. I'll probably be doing this saber after I'm done with my current Anakin run, unless there's a huge public outcry for a particularly different saber.
    Dude, if you do the DM, you might as well tweak a few odds and ends and run off a Plo Koon at the same time...
    From
    York, PA - USA
    May 6, 2010, 8:45 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #10

cayman shen said: View Post
    Dude, if you do the DM, you might as well tweak a few odds and ends and run off a Plo Koon at the same time...
    The thought had crossed my mind.
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    May 6, 2010, 9:07 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #11

We need more affordable, accurate council sabers...just saying.
    From
    York, PA - USA
    May 6, 2010, 9:47 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #12

We need more affordable, accurate council sabers...just saying.
    Oh, I agree completely. I just saw a Larbel council saber on eBay last night with a STARTING bid of $900! Believe me, I plan on having a complete council set for my collection, and I'm sure I'll make them all myself. Korbanth makes some really rockin' sabers too at good prices, but I don't know if he has or is planning any council sabers.
    May 6, 2010, 11:25 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #13

For an accurate lightsaber at a good price I can wait. When you do your run of Darth Maul sabers I wonder if someone will do a run of display cases.
    May 9, 2010, 7:10 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #14

Just curious, is the Master Replicas Darth Maul lightsaber accurate...except for the ends of the emitters?
  16. RPF Premium Member King Ranger's Avatar
    From
    USA
    May 9, 2010, 9:29 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #15

Joker said: View Post
    Just curious, is the Master Replicas Darth Maul lightsaber accurate...except for the ends of the emitters?
    Not really. The biggest problems with ALL the Maul saber out there is the silver knurled knob, and the thing that almost looks like a set screw in a washer next to the LEDs. The emitters are another thing as well. At least from what I remember when I was still into SW and Maul.

Also the emitter you see in that pic you posted above was CG'd into the shot. The hero saber does not have that emitter. You can verify this with any photos you can find from either SWC3 or any exhibit where the Maul hero (usually labeled DM-S 001 near the first o-ring on the saber) can be found.

Ryu
    From
    York, PA - USA
    May 10, 2010, 12:33 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #16

Ryu Kumon said: View Post
    Not really. The biggest problems with ALL the Maul saber out there is the silver knurled knob, and the thing that almost looks like a set screw in a washer next to the LEDs. The emitters are another thing as well. At least from what I remember when I was still into SW and Maul.
    Ryu
    Yeah, the silver knurled knobs should have a radius on them, making it a kind of semi-dome in profile. The greeblie next to the LEDs really is just a domed hex machine screw in a washer. A lot of people don't want to believe that for some reason, but it really is true. I've seen it with my own eyes. And yeah, no one has totally nailed the emitters 100% correctly yet.
    May 10, 2010, 11:58 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #17

Ryu Kumon said: View Post

Also the emitter you see in that pic you posted above was CG'd into the shot. The hero saber does not have that emitter. You can verify this with any photos you can find from either SWC3 or any exhibit where the Maul hero (usually labeled DM-S 001 near the first o-ring on the saber) can be found.

Ryu
    I haven't been able to find any photos of the Darth Maul lightsaber on exhibit, can someone point me in the right direction or maybe post some pix?
    May 10, 2010, 12:33 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #18

Here's all I have of the Maul display at Hollywood Studios in Orlando, FL.

May 10, 2010, 12:55 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #19

lambotour said: View Post
    Here's all I have of the Maul display at Hollywood Studios in Orlando, FL.

Thanks for the photos. That saber looks pretty bare.
    May 10, 2010, 1:08 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #20

Yep, the buttons were painted and not actual buttons to make the saber easier to wield
    From
    York, PA - USA
    May 11, 2010, 12:37 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #21

Mr. K said: View Post
    Yep, the buttons were painted and not actual buttons to make the saber easier to wield
    For some scenes. There were a bunch of different sabers that Maul used throughout the film.
  23. RPF Premium Member King Ranger's Avatar
    From
    USA
    May 11, 2010, 3:19 AM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #22

Joker said: View Post
    Thanks for the photos. That saber looks pretty bare.
    The saber in that display is one of the stunt saber with blades attached. No extras, painted on greeblies, and about an 8" or so long 3/8" diameter rod coming out of each ends. You can clearly see the set screw in the top blade of the second pic holding it onto that rod.

You need to find pics of the 'hero' saber not the stunt. Sorry I can't post any photos for you. When I left SW, I dumped all the images I had.

Ryu
    From
    Houston TX
    May 12, 2010, 6:02 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #23

Here are a few of my photos taken at C3, yes I know I am no photo wizard
    Hard to believe these are from six years ago already.

From
    New Hampshire, USA
    May 12, 2010, 6:08 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #24

I have pics of an actual Maul saber from the Boston exhibit, but how do I upload photos?
    From
    Houston TX
    May 12, 2010, 7:33 PM - Re: Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate? #25

I have pics of an actual Maul saber from the Boston exhibit, but how do I upload photos?
    Best way is to use photobucket and use the links. Its free and easy to use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast