Resin E11 build

The rice shield

Hello RPF. A little while ago I bought the Doopydoos resin E11 kit and tonight I finally started to work on it. This is not my first prop build. I have done the Doopydoos Hasbro E11 conversion, TK560's A280 Endor blaster, and multiple foam weapons but this will be my first prop that I will be doing a build log for.

So I will be doing a few modifications to the doopydoos kit to make it a little bit more realistic. I will be:

• making the trigger so it can be pulled back
  • adding a srping inside the gun so I can pull the charging handle back
  • replacing the hex screws in the front and the grip with real ones
  • adding numbers to the inside of the hengstler counter
  • replacing the clip with a more realistic cast

I havent made much progress yet but here are some pics.

Here are the parts after I washed them off and cut off the excess resin.
FP3u2AP.jpg

The hex screws and spring I'll be using.
zJbWKCp.jpg

The grip with the movable trigger. This is basically all I accomplished today.
xow76HX.jpg

I also got a new toy for my dremel. It should make this build alot easier.
7pJ3vVp.jpg

And thats all for tonight.

I havent made a bunch of progress, I've mostly been sanding some of the parts. I added the hex screws to the grip and the front.
sI9txjI.jpg

NfX1hK5.jpg

I also drilled out a hole for the selector switch so it can move.
LxL6cqN.jpg

I started drilling out the sides of the front sight.
nnmeH2m.jpg

And I finally started to glue some of the parts together.
tivZWYl.jpg

I probably wont have anymore updates until next weekend because I will be busy with school.

Just got my replacement mag from gazmosis over at whitearmor. It looks great except for the little chip but that can easily be filled with spot putty.

NU2XJ0n.jpg

eP45XbG.jpg

I've started gluing some more pieces on. I've also screwed on the folding stock and grip.
The stock isn't glued on yet but I just screwed it in temporarily to see what it looks like.
YoAaige.jpg

Thanks. I got some more work done today. I shortened the new mag and glued it and the mag receiver to the body. I also completed the scope rail, all I need to do is dill the holes to mount the scope.
XiPdbjN.jpg

I own a few E-11 blasters, some (like my Sterling or SDS) carry a Hengstler and some don't (MR, Doopys). The square counter adds up to it making the blaster more sci-fi.

Nice job , I just got this kit ,could you tell me where you got your main spring from
I got it form a spare toilet paper holder I had laying around the house. It looks exactly like this one, but I'm not sure if its the same brand. The spring was a little wide and short but after stretching it out it fit perfectly.

I wasn't going to add the counter to mine either, mostly because the E-11 that Luke and Han use in ANH doesn't have the counter. I'd rather have Luke Skywalkers E-11 than just some stormtrooper blaster.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back